Razer Blade Pro 17 2080 Max Q Vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Jul 19, 2019.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That is only since pascal and not on all models, there are laptops where it has been unlocked. But even unlocking it in bios doesnt seem to do anything from what I can gather when it comes to MaxQ.

2. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But the question still remains: am I losing FPS letting my card hit into the PL and remain unstable? Surely I should undervolt it to hit 85w max so it's more stable?

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope, no GPU stays perfectly stable with its clock and it is also dependent on whats on screen. Undervolting can mean in this case that it cant boost as high to begin with and start power limiting at 85w.

4. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now I'm more confused than ever o_O

What benefits am I gaining from messing with the voltage curve in Afterburner?

5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You will be getting the same performance but better temps since you will be running lower voltages.

It's similar to overclocking but instead of increasing clocks at a set voltage, you are decreasing voltage at a set clock.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It can go 2 ways, if your GPU is abl eto run at lower voltage, you will basically undervolt your GPU and in return the same performance with lower temps. But if the GPU notices that it cannot keep its clocks at said voltages, it will start downclocking. Thus the undervolt will act as a new power limit. Testing this is a lot of trial and error. It doesnt help that clockspeeds on current Nvidia GPU's fluctuate quite a bit.

7. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The one I flashed is exactly the one you posted at page 4 or something alike.

He said that, but than mentioned that it wouldn't be the case as he was throttling even in freezer.

I may try reinstalling Synapse just in case some update is then provided to me somehow, as @Hackintoshihope mentioned some update after his RBP vBios flash, I think.

8. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Bios 1.04 allowed me the constant 100W power draw while out of the freezer with synapse high performance mode.

9. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My unit was produced in August 2019, it came with everything updated BIOS wise; Synapse isn't pushing updates also. I don't know what'up with my unit then.

10. Chris_OC

Chris_OC Newbie

Reputations:
    can you please send me the 190W and maybe the 150W and 100W BIOS, too.
    That would be really nice. I have a RB15 with 2080:)
    I´ll post my results and of course make a donation