Razer Blade Pro 17 2080 Max Q Vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Jul 19, 2019.

1. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unfortunately

2. seanwee

Reputations:
    It happens regardless of VRM design. The zephyrus G and Zephyrus M have the same vrm for the 1660ti but one has a Max-q 1660ti and the other a full 1660ti

3. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    I’m not exactly sure you understand the implications of sensors etc. I’m using about 120W to 130W TDP but depending on the load, cores, memory load. That TDP is going to be spent in different ways meaning it might have to reduce your clock for some other function of the GPU. But overall the higher tdp the higher performance you can and will hit due to the increased power budget.

Example... Car has 400HP however if you use the A/C system you might now only have 375HP for your car to actually move because 25HP is being used to power your A/C. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If my card is limited to 90W then what do I gain from pushing it so hard it throttles back from 90W?

5. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    I’m confused as to the question... it is being forced to always stay around 90W software is preventing it from going higher so it can only go as high as 90W?

As with mine I’ve forced it to go as high as 120W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just running the stock 1070 MaxQ in a RB15 - it seems to pull 91W+ when trying to run @ 1600mhz playing BFV, voltages between 0.800-0.825 ... I just wondered should I be letting it hit the PL or is that affecting performance/FPS?

7. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just posting to add some more data; went from the 80W stock which was leading to:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/20645284

To the 100W one (which, in games, lets my GPU sit at around 90W for 95% of the time with jumps to 100W for a few seconds):

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20652688

As I don't want to see anything higher than high 80s on the CPU and low 70s on the GPU I'm still using the PL CPU and n OC except the gaming mode on Synapse.

8. seanwee

Reputations:
    Based on your 3dmark score, the power limit is at 90w

Not sure how the 100w vbios should work but @Hackintoshihope mentioned something about the 100w only coming into effect at lower temps if I remember correctly.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Recent nvidia gpus always hit PL when cooled correctly. Its just an imposed limit and the performance you get. The only thing is with MaxQ you dont have the ability to move that power slider up for more performance.

10. seanwee

Reputations:
    The power slider has always been locked for ALL laptop gpus actually. Not counting the use of the pascal tdp tweaker that is.