Razer Blade Pro 17 2080 Max Q Vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Is anyone able to get us a copy of the vbios for this machine? I’d be willing to tip for it. I need it and others need it for testing purposes for our other machines.

If you need to be walked through how to get the vbios it’s pretty simple just follow either one of these guides:

https://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/how_to_flash_rtx_bios/

https://www.trishtech.com/2017/07/how-to-backup-gpu-bios-or-uefi-from-inside-windows/

What I need is just a backup of the vbios! If you still have questions, please let me know... we think it’s some unicorn vbios 100-115W RTX 2080 Max Q that should be able to performance boost a lot of other models!

I could tip with crypto or send some money with PayPal for your time :), thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. WhiteHelios

WhiteHelios Newbie

Reputations:
    Here's the vBios from my 2080MQ razer blade pro. I've seen it go up to 140w as seen here:
    2080MQ 141 watts.png

If you'd like to tip me heres the BTC address: 31kiKjmLntzoD8Hb1ATshZoNQM5HENPUJ2

Cheers!

i_dima, seanwee, vegetaeater and 2 others like this.
  3. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    I am testing as we speak will update on performance soon... I gave you some rep points as well, you angel! Haha!

Update #1
    With CPU mod to enable no power throttling I got my first power related shutdown while running OC Scanner (Seems I am pulling far exceeding the 230W power supply) I am continuing the test to see what best results I can get!

Update #2 (Balanced Mode)
    This is my 3.9GHZ all core mod and firestrike score we can see TDP looks indeed to have been raised and scores are closer to that of the razer blade pro!

[​IMG]

Update #3 (Performance Mode)
    This is my 4GHZ all core mod and firestrike score TDP stayed at a constant 100W throughout the run. This stable 100W TDP started happening after I had an update for razer central (it seems it recognized I had the updated vbios when it updated)!

[​IMG]

Update #4 (Performance Mode benefit will not stick)
    Haha figured something out! And you all are going to laugh how I figured it out... I stuck my laptop in the freezer and used chrome Remote Desktop to monitor it... I had the freezer door closed with the power cable coming out the door haha!

Anyway findings are: GPU needs to be under 67C to be able to pull 100W+ if it isn’t then we are stuck at 90W. (This was wrong when the machine is out of the freezer even when under 67C it still will not hold 100W sustained and drops down within seconds to 90W sustained, then I have to apply performance mode again)

This also includes why sometimes even the Razer Blade Pro cannot pull more than 90W. What this means is my initial hypothesis was correct this is a hybrid 90 to 100W.

When you go above some value temperature I think (see above) you have to reapply the high performance option to once again unlock 100W.

What we need to figure out is how to max out fans in performance mode as balanced mode seems to be the only way to Max fans out?

Also yes as far as I can tell synapse allows us to use 100W with the 100W vbios... so like I said above it seems it’s a hybrid vbios 90-100W.

User without razer synapse may never be able to hit 100W as far as I know you all can never enable high performance mode on the vbios without razer synapse... thus without a razer product so I’m not sure if you can ever get the 100W mode to be enabled?

Update #4 (Performance Mode now sticks)
    To fix above you must update the Razer Blade Bios to 1.04...

BIOS Download

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. YoungStarDC

YoungStarDC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. WhiteHelios

WhiteHelios Newbie

Reputations:
    Try Firestrike with standard clocks on the cpu and the max you can get from the gpu and maybe you'll have more power available for the gpu. You are probably pulling more watts than the power brick can handle, as I'm not sure the adapter actually can handle 230w for long periods. I had to rma my power adapter since it was hitting temps in excess of 75C.

If it helps, here's my best Firestrike: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19626530
    I used synapse high for both cpu and gpu, -. 15V undervolt on cpu. Gpu was clocked +150 and +600 memory iirc. This is after repaste with kryo.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    Your vbios allows us to get to around 22,000+ graphics score but I have yet to find a way to get past this :p. Regardless pretty much a 3-6% improvement from what I was getting.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What laptop is it? It’s not only id i remember sharing my 90 watt Blade vbios to gs65 users, they didn’t succeed flashing it due different rom size. It can pull over 100 watt gpu tdp but not as high as Blade Pro which can spike to 130 watt.

8. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    What laptop is what? I’m using a razer blade 15 oled flashed with the Blade Pro Vbios that was shared and increased my score to what I showed. It seems it can hold higher clocks during load compared to the 90 watt I was using from an 18 Blade 15. (Since mine came with the 80 watt originally).

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see, probably voltage regulator from Blade 15 can’t manage higher than that like on Pro one. From your FS score apparently you have to only manage the cpu power limit maybe with imon tweak. Not seeing yet on 9750H though but should be similar with 8750H one by moding the bios cpu Core vr.

10. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    I’ve used the imon tweak on the 9750H it works perfectly to control the 9750H power usage, but yes I would suppose I’m hitting hardware limits on the machine now. But regardless there is a nice boost to performance regardless.

Joikansai likes this.