Razer Blade Pro 17 2021 RTX 3000

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Warney's World

Warney's World Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi again, just to confirm, the pro 17 has a Mux, not advanced Optimus. You have to restart the system to switch on and off. Razer told me all models have a mux this year apart from the ones with a 144 or 60hz screen. So presumably the 1080p base and the oled panels.

Asus accidentally told a journalist that Advanced Optimus was "too unstable to implement" before quickly retracting and revising their statement. This might explain why you literally never see it in a device.

2. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've a 2019 17 Pro here with no MUX unfortunately.

3. Warney's World

Warney's World Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry I was referring to this year's model. 2019's model was still a powerhouse though

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for clarification. On their press release they confirmed that 240Hz QHD Blade 15 has advanced Optimus it is most probably because the g sync capable screen, I was also wondering why base 15 has also nvidia only option which means is also capable doing mux.
    https://press.razer.com/product-new...7-with-nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-graphics/
    Sidenote, there’s new nvidia driver capable of doing resizable bar, how is it on blade pro, is it on or not? Unfortunately on my 3070 Egpu it’s not capable paired with 10 gen U CPU.

Attached Files: