Razer Blade Pro 17 2021 RTX 3000

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As I said it’s my personal opinion. Gaming “laptops“ are maxed at 2,5kg because over of that range I can’t put it on my lap nor easy moving around on the house. Due COVID I rarely even bringing blade 15 outside and even moving its around blade stealth is way to do simply with one hand. Yes sure outcomes with performance limitation but yes more performance need more room means heavier, so again it depends to end user.
    I wouldn’t agree, there’s users also who doesn’t need multiple devices, if I didn’t buy blade 15 I’d be happy owning only stealth, at home with core help it’ll boost the performance and depends the gpu you’ll think meh performance upgrade to 3000 series laptop, in some cases it’ll be close to its desktop counterpart without having multiple device which’s main ideas from Egpu, thanks to thunderbolt technology. I never need a desktop with this, for small keyboard and screen I don’t get it since who use internal at home, I use external at home for better any experiences, but for “lap“ use case actually blade stealth keyboard and laptop size wise is far better than blade 14/15 I think also to 14/15 inch laptops overall. Again it’s only my personal preference.

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Back to blade Pro theme, according notebookcheck which’s user favorite place to check I believe, honestly I don’t really like them:D They mentioned performance actually similar or better (a lot) on some games despite having lower gpu wattage than Asus ROG Duo 3080, yes i saw some guys flashed with higher tdp bios but it’s other story. Take a look at the comment QA.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer...w-The-GeForce-RTX-30-Difference.519563.0.html

3. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Yeah I checked and compared the two, the Blade Pro is faster across the board in the games section. I suspect it has to do with the ryzen processor getting bottlenecked more than intel cpus by the slow laptop ram.

Terreos likes this.
  4. Peter Tang

Peter Tang Newbie

Reputations:
    Or because it doesn't have a mux switch? I think that user flashed the main vbios and ran 3dmark with an external screen to avoid performance loss, whereas NBC ran game benchmarks with internal screen.

I really hope any razer blade 3080 user can try to flash vbios with higher wattage limits and run some tests again, since gpu temp seems well controlled with 100w limit.

5. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    I ruled that out because the blade pro doesn't have a mux switch either.

And i don't think the blade can be flashed since it will be labelled as a Max-q card internally so Max-p vbioses won't work.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It has better one, advanced optimus that doesn’t need rebooting the system compared mux, this option is on synapse, using only nvidia gpu. Later video on same person on OP shows mux switch but accurately I believe advanced optimus this exist also on 2020 blade pro 17.

And about the bios, if it matches you can cross flash it. I didn’t do that on my 1070maxq blade 15 but msi user did that on gs65 I believe he even flashed desktop 1070.

seanwee likes this.
  7. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh what there's a MUX option now?!

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here’s from 2020 model.
    32A9E11A-5709-49DA-8FDE-1C4B8E9E052A.jpeg

amihail91 and saturnotaku like this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The 2020 Blade Advanced 15 and Pro 17 used a MUX.

seanwee likes this.
  10. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've a 17 Pro here with no MUX, probably the worst thing about it.