Razer Blade Pro 17 2021 RTX 3000

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Razer blade pro 17 Rtx 3080 100 watt reviewed by a user.

Timespy Overall 10,5K graphics 10,7K CPU 9,9K
    Firestrike Overall 22,3K graphics 27,5K CPU 21,4K.
    He has on other videos gaming performance on 4K 120Hz setting.

pathfindercod likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Holy jet engine...

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Welcome to the thin light world laptops:D He said I think he had as well the previous Blade model so he is hypnotized by the look and forget about the sound, yes Razer looks damn sexy so like girls you’ll forget something bad when you enjoy them i can understand that;)
    However I think he pull out all power its power, not mentioned cpu temperature maybe quite on high areas, if you undervolte and limit it like to not all max boost if you could it’ll be better I think mine even smaller form factor runs similar titles isn’t as loud as that...or maybe I was also hypnotized:D

4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    My problem also is that benchmark GPU/CPU temps are not realistic as they are not sustained loads. Gaming for an hour on something ridiculously hard on the system like FFXV would be a better indication of how ampere + 10th gen intel perform in the razer blade. I have a hard time believing "there is definitely more thermal headroom for the GPU" yeah right, the same thing was said about the 2080SMQ and yet it runs incredibly hot (reviewers said low 70s, my experience has been high 70s - low 80s), as expected in such a compact form factor.

5. puppet2008

puppet2008 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When will Razer update the displays of Razer Blade 15 and 17 to 16:10, like Razer Book 13?

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ampere cards actually cooler in my experience on desktop cards on Egpu setting, Zotac 1080ti was hitting 80ish, xc2080on high 70ish, 2080ti Asus turbo easily hitting 80ish, with current 3070 Zotac twin edge which’s known for not having kind Evga good cooling, I’ve trouble hitting 70ish with maxed OC on long session gaming, Valhalla, Fenyx rising main story I ended with that setting on 1440p and 4K with at least maybe 2 hours gaming session a day. The hot part maybe CPU for having more cores higher frequency on 14nm chips, though I use icelake which’s ice cold max 70ish:D Though it’s 25 watt:tears:CPU.
    Hmm Razer Blade is gaming notebook, I think 16:9 still better aspect on this. Legion is doing something else I think with their 16pro.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If they released a Razer Book 16/17 without a dGPU and a 6-core CPU i'd probably jump on it immediately.

Joikansai likes this.
  8. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Jeez RTX 3080 Max-qs are pathetic. Might as well go for the RTX 3070M configs that come with 115w+15w.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay, how fast they are? Can run Hitman 4K Ultra 75+ FPS and Doom eternal 4K Ultra 100+ FPS? I think he said almost maxed out and the later title according Youtube 3070 desktop and my eGPU 3070 barely handle 100 FPS. On Another his video 4K RDR2 easily handle 60fps plus on town, though there’s some mix Ultra to medium setting, to get that (if I’m lucky) I’ve to lower to 1440p but forget 50fps in town. Don’t judge from 3DMark my Timespy graphics score beat it as well.

10. Warney's World

Warney's World Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey folks,

Contrary to some of your comments I did several hours of testing before commenting on the thermal headroom (I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear!). I've been in discussions with Razer about tgp and they have said they are looking into it.

Any questions let me know!

Kind regards

Rob

dmanti and Joikansai like this.