Razer Blade Pro 17" (1080 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 20, 2016.

1. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Had temperature problems (end of 2016 pascal AW15) but no RMA with my AW15 thankfully. AW even if they were more robust than the 2017 razer pro they had pretty serious defects ( bad tripod heatsinks, thermal paste, factory thermal pads too thick...). I undervolted and repasted with LM, and replaced the cpu pads with K5 pro "liquid" thermal pads and now up to -28°C, had to do A LOT of things to fix problems with a 2000E+ laptop that I bought with my student wage. So if AW owners are messing with you razer owners... they're either not really aware of the problems AW have/had and/or their being really dishonest.

hmscott and Vistar Shook like this.
  2. rlucho

rlucho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, let's see if someone can help me sort this out (in the correct thread no one is answering so...)...:
    I have a Razer Blade Pro 7820hk, Win 10 Pro (1709), 512gb ssd. I'm triying to activate the gaming mode on Synapse, just to try temps with the fans sets on high, but when i select gaming mode or Balance mode on High, the fans just stay the same... My main question is, should the fans start running inmediatedly on high just by selecting High on synapse? Or will they start only under load?

NOTE: I have the process RazerPerformance DISABLED (i have CPU undervolted so i dont know if that process will mess with Throttlestop), so i dont know if that process have something to do with it... lights on keyboard and everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

3. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I noticed yesterday that HIDevolution doesn't even offer this laptop anymore. Me thinks they don't want to support this laptop anymore due to the break amounts, although I could be wrong.

4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    You are probably correct, I opened my RBP to repaste with liquid metal, which greatly improved temperatures. But the worst part is, I opened the computer to find the PCH completely uncooled. There is no heatsink, no thermal pad, no airflow over the PCH, and that is a BIG problem waiting to happen. Everything runs through the PCH, you cannot have such a critical component uncooled, whether it be passive or active. Solution? I stacked thermal pads until they made contact with the bottom plate, that way it at least has some thermal dissipation.

Papusan and Vistar Shook like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Almost all nowadays notebooks come with PCH chips uncoooled. No places to put the needed attachments screws for the heatspreader on Morherboards PCB. Everything is so tiny and flimsy now. Bigger footprint batteries due you can’t use normal size high battery means smaller motherboard pcb. And with even thinner chassis coming the batteries have to increase further in footprint size.

Ashtrix and Vistar Shook like this.
  6. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I really wanted this laptop to prove me wrong and be alright as I would have gotten one. I hope Razer is able to learn from the mistakes of this ambitious build and improve on them. I do think they have taken some learnings from this system and have applied them to their recent Razer 15, but i hope the next edition Razer Blade Pro hits all the right marks.

Progress is good though and I do see progress, we are just not quite there yet.

7. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think the next RBP is going to look like the current RB 15 with thin bezels, and 2x NVME with ? SD CARD slot coupled with the new i9's intel has launched, as far as GPU go, i think it;ll be a 1080 MaxQ with 4K+/- HD with 144Hz displays