Razer Blade Pro 17" (1080 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 20, 2016.

1. S S

S S Newbie

Reputations:
    This USB-C to DisplayPort supports 165hz GSYNC for the Razer Blade Pro or the Alienware 17r4.

https://en.j5create.com/products/jca141

2. bank999

bank999 Newbie

Reputations:
    anyone repaste and replace Thermal Pads?
    what the size for the thermal pad?

thank you

3. bank999

bank999 Newbie

Reputations:
    hard to remove motherboard?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

mason2smart and Vistar Shook like this.
  4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    People n this forum are in general very passionate about technology and also with pointing out flaws.

But dont forget, when Razer released all data regarding their products for starting an IPO the data regarding their laptops wasn't great, a lot of after service is needed and there are some proven design flaws in all of their systems. So the chance is fairly high that each user will run into trouble eventually.

People with issues can pretty much only come to this forum and or reddit since the Razerzone forum is so heavily moderated that people cant vent any negative sounds towards their brands.

mason2smart, Vistar Shook and Papusan like this.
  5. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Might be my fault. I'm probably one of the reasons the razer dev forums were taken down. I posted all the glitches from my blade pro. They then kicked me (or tried to) then after a few months closed the forum and basically discontinued support for the sbui. I remember seeing somewhere a promise of continuous updates but I honestly couldn't find it when I went back.

I was also told the forum was closed for renovation but it was never reopened. Instead the new razer forums were opened and no sbui dev section existed on them.

At this pt I wouldnt touch another Asus or Razer laptop. Both experiences were horrible. Asus is an ongoing issue still.

6. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:

See? exactly what I'm talking about. I used to go into notebookreview forums on a daily basis, now its maybe once every other month if that, b/c people like you make it personal, clearly implying Razer customers are somehow deficient. Its the owner's lounge, not "criticize Razer owners and say they are dummies lounge."

I'm fine with pointing out bugs on the Pro. Mine had a problem and had to get warranty service from overheating, so yeah, its not a perfect product or perfect company. I enjoy laptops of all makes and sizes. Have an MSI GT83VR with 1070s in SLI, more powerful than my Pro, and an Alienware 13 R3, with that gorgeous OLED display and 1080ti amplifier (the Alienware needed service too). But the Pro remains my favorite daily driver, and I take it with me to work and enjoy gaming on my lap with it more than the other two.

Guess I'm just not tech savvy enough to hate the 17" 4k display, slim and light aluminum body, and capable innards. Shucks, wish I knew how them there guts inside made all the games look so pretty, must be magic inside that there machine. Or voodoo. How would I know? I'm just a Razer owner.

7. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah there is a lot of that around here....alienware users claiming their machine is the best overall, even though many had to go through numerous RMAs, heasinks, tech visits and such, to finally repaste with LM and repad to try to get it working as it should and at full potential, others trashing alienware for their crappy heatsink design and dodgy quality control, msi users with their superior out of the box cooling and having the best keyboard, others bashing Msi for the ugly design and limiting BIOS, and of course, the clevo users claiming top performance with the desktop CPU and upgradability, while others bash clevo for their thick and outadated looks, overheating without mods and crappy keyboard....on and on and on. Aorus.....that logo? made by Gigabyte? just part of the culture I guess.

Nuke33 likes this.
  8. Jumpwired

Jumpwired Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It was nothing personal, and my reply was directed towards the general convo most people where having about the under performing aspects of the laptop. The concern is throttling on the CPU and GPU side, while Razer markets it as 100% functional performance for a price.

No one here is arguing about the sexy form-factor or 4K panel. No one.

I can't really apologize for the blanket statement, as their demographic is the average 'Gamer'.
    They are almost a marketing company who likes to overplay their focus on performance, meanwhile under delivering on that aspect.

If your happy to pay 100% for the form-factor or panel, that's cool. No problem there.

The fact remains that they put a high performance CPU and GPU in something that should of had mid-grade components.

9. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    True, the thermals and power delivery is more fitting for a gtx1070 and a 7700HQ, but they would loose on the marketing potential.

Enviado de meu Pixel 2 usando Tapatalk

rinneh and Jumpwired like this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    And Razer addressed that point with the release of the 1080p/7700HQ/GTX 1060 model, which also can cost less than half the price of the 4K/1080 version if you catch it on sale. If the cheaper Blade Pro supported G-Sync on an external monitor, I would seriously consider buying one because I don't really need all the power that my current daily driver delivers.

Vistar Shook likes this.