Razer Blade Pro 17" (1080 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 20, 2016.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  2. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    had to get my Razer Blade Pro repaired, took 8 days from shipping out to getting it back. Runs cooler so I'm quite happy.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. David Koczarski

David Koczarski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys quick questions for you. I recently started playing the game Grim Dawn and it runs very well on my RBP, 4K with maxed settings. Yesterday I was playing and my computer shutdown all of a sudden. I rebooted and it seemed fine o I played again with no issues. I got back on later that night and it happened three times in a row, about 15-30 minutes apart. I wasn't running any undervolt at the time and I usually do, but all I really notice from that is slightly cooler temps. I can play The Division for hours with no shutdowns and much warmer temps. I read that a bunch of people have had the same issue while playing a game called HoTs, not sure what that game is. Anyone had this issue and have a fix? I am going to try again with an undervolt of 0.150V. Thanks for any info you guys have.

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A voltage offset of -150mV is kinda high, so it might be outside the range of that laptop.

Maybe run/game stock for a while and see if you shutdown at stock settings, just in case there is a laptop problem.

Then try -100mV and work your way back towards -150mV. :)

5. David Koczarski

David Koczarski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I tried it at -100mV and after about 40 minutes same thing happened. The weird thing is as it is rebooting if I unplug it, it shuts off again. It's not until it get to windows that I can remove the power adapter. I also can't reboot it unless it is plugged in. Maybe something is going on with the battery? I would RMA it to razer but I live in Okinawa, Japan and everything takes forever to ship from or to here. Any help would be great. I have never had this issue playing The Division or PUBG for extended use.

6. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i would rma it buddy. mine's been rock solid ever since they swapped out my motherboard.

7. solidus-flux

solidus-flux Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm looking at buying this computer but want to confirm one thing before I buy it. I would very much appreciate your help!

Can I remap the 4 media keys above the track pad (track skip back, track skip forward, play/pause, mute) to Home, End, PgUp, PgDn? If one of you could test this and let me know if it can be done I would be very grateful!

8. flazoon

flazoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The answer is yes, via Razer's Synapse software. That's been among the first things I've done after getting the system.

9. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    The GPU is pulling to much power you need to undervolt the GPU with ctrl + f in msi afterburner. You need to set it at 875 and then level it out at 1800. As shown here: [​IMG] this will keep the computer from overloading the powersupply.

DrewN likes this.
  10. solidus-flux

solidus-flux Newbie

Reputations:
    Awesome. Thank you!