Razer Blade Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Feb 3, 2012.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If I'm not mistaken it's just a 3-finger swipe sideways?

Try going into the synaptics control panel and check there if it's not working.

2. foamspoon

foamspoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It use to be a 3 finger sideways swipe, but there is no option in synaptics and I cannot get it to work. Can anyone with a 2016 Razer Blade confirm?

3. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys I just have a question about how easy it is to upgrade the 14" Blade. Really looking for a super portable, powerful lightweight laptop to carry around with me and use frequently, and also have the power to game when I am away and need/want to. I was worried about the Razer at first and never a fan of their peripherals but a lot of reviews tend to rate it pretty highly. My only concerns are the possible heat issues and battery going bad but otherwise things seem to be okay for most people.

Other than those 2 issues, how easy is it to upgrade? I know RAM is soldered on, I'm mainly concerned about the SSD. If I purchase one I'd like to get the base 4k screen model and upgrade to a 1TB SSD, is this easy to do or would it require removing the motherboard or is it right there when you open it up? Have there been any ideas on when the new model will come out yet with the 1060 or do I just have to keep waiting and keeping an eye out between razer, msi, and aorus? They really seem to be the main companies out right now with laptops in the size/weight/portability range I am looking for.

4. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Swapping ssd is easy, you just need to remove the back plate and lift up one contacts to be able to unscrew the drive.

My battery came with 10% less health than the one declared (altho it looks like I just was unlucky, barely heard about this problem ever) and by just avoiding it dropping under 30% when I could (just set the alert at that rate) it's lost like 1.5%more in 7 months, which is great considering the average loss of 20%/year of most batteries.

I didn't really play THAT much, but it's plugged in while I'm gaming (so 100% battery + AC, which kills batteries) an average of 2 hours a day, I guess, so the small loss still looks good as hell.

Heat is an issue, indeed, but newer versions (I have the 2015 model) suffer less from this than I do, due to newer CPUs.

Anyway, it is an issue just under gaming loads and it never gets unplayable.

Ive bought this since I study far from home which made me need to have a portable light and small device (and a powerful one as a space engineering student) and I fell in love with my RB as soon as I unboxed it, the much it covered all my needs.

5. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The more I read the more I want one just waiting for this new one sucks. The issues even when bad seem to be able to be resolved with razer as long as you are under warranty and if I buy a unit like this I will probably try to buy an extra warranty through squaretrade just in case something happens outside of the 1 year. I just hope more info comes out soon about the new ones as I am getting antsy and want to order a laptop now my only trouble is higher res touchscreen and worse battery life or 1080p and save money decisions decisions...

6. Wayne chan

Wayne chan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Today my screen became like this. This is 2013 razer blade (first model). Anyone can advise what should I do next?[​IMG]

7. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This has happened to me once on a Zenbook; nothing I tried / my infrared welder owning friend worked.

We tried reballing everything, nothing has actually worked.

I obviously tried changing screen at first but it looked like a mobo issue.

8. Andrea Genovese

Andrea Genovese Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone feel limited not to be able to go to 32 gB? would it not be an issue for VR?

9. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No.

If you don't know why you need 32GB of RAM, then you don't need 32GB of RAM.

I can promise you that you are never in a situation where you even come close to using 16GB of RAM. Any more would be a waste.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. RageBone

RageBone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    three Topics.

RAM
    the CPUs should support up to 32GB 1600 mhz.
    Crazy enough people could pull this off.

Problem number one is price, 4GB chips cost aproxamitly more then 7$ per chip in quantetys, below 50 chips, and a blade takes 4x8 = 32.
    8GB chips probably cost like 12$ each.
    Making the update probably cost more then 200$ only in the RAM chips.
    Still Below Apple in some cases, but this doesen't include labor.

Problem number two is how to get the old chips of the board, they are glued in place by some nasty red stuff.
    Probably heatresistent.
    Anyone know more ?

Battery
    Searching for "Betty" with some other info like mAh, actually brings up a lot of shops that cary a battery that looks to be the one used in the Blades. There are even LI-Ion (2014) and LI-PO (2015) versions out there.
    In general 100$.

Any experince with those?

Charger
    mine broke today, shutting of under load.
    19V 7.9A 150W.
    Any experience with a good replacement?

Thx and Sincerely
    Rage