Razer Blade Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Offhisgame

Offhisgame Newbie

Reputations:
    What do you guys think. Razer Blade 2016 or Aorus X3? Alot of you seem to be having issues with the Razer Blade... the build quality looks good but i rather not deal with BS since i plan to buy in the States and bring it over to Canada.

2. NorthernEnd

NorthernEnd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got my Razer Blade 14 2016 and it was worth every penny.
    Honestly, the reality is that every single laptop will ship with a certain number of units defective. The people who are happy about their purchases usually don't chime in, and those who do have problems tend to speak out. That's just the nature of it. What I can tell you is that if you -do- get the Razer, and it's a good unit, you will be damn happy.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have a 2014 that I've had for over two years now. I've played thousands of hours of games on it and it's still going strong. Happy.

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

4. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any speculation on whether the 2017 Blade will have a 1060 or 1070 mobile GPU? Based on current specs and TDP, I am guessing 1060, but hoping for 1070.

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No way to know until we know some TDP values.

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

6. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Razer Blade 2016, by a long shot.

As NorthernEnd said, you can't really go by what is posted on internet forums as a measure of product reliability; because most of the time, those forums are filled with a very vocal minority. Every electronic device ever shipped has a small chance of being dead-on-arrival. You can't predict if that will happen to you, regardless of brand, manufacturer, model, etc.

And believe me... if you want to get an idea of cutting corners on build quality, go look at any Taiwanese-designed and Taiwanese-made laptop (Acer, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Sager / Clevo, etc). Those companies design laptops with Asia as its primary market. And in Asia, the market is dominated by bang-for-your-buck on specifications. And in order to do that, they often cut corners in a lot of areas that aren't listed on spec sheets; such as build quality, materials, screen quality, keyboard flex, noise, heat dissipation, etc. This is why something like a Gigabyte P34W v5 sells for several $100's less than a Razer Blade, despite the fact that they have nearly identical on-paper specifications.

7. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Offhisgame

Offhisgame Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh i understand that. The question for me is does the price make it worth it? The more I think about it the more I think people who think the new Blade will be $2400 are correct based on this ones pricing. If that's the case it is a tough decision. Most people give great reviews to both aorus and razer with razer mostly beating it in build quality.

9. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  10. foamspoon

foamspoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know how to get the swipe to go back on webpages and such on the 2016? It worked on my 2014 fine but not on the 2016 Blade.