Razer Blade Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcticMonkeys

ArcticMonkeys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Appreciate the heads up. Do you mind telling me how much does it cost to have them replace the battery? I haven't been using mine for gaming solely on coding and work. And I would love to get at least two more years from this laptop before replacing it.

Would appreciate any reply. Cheers.

2. technoboy

technoboy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi I just ordered a Razer Blade from ebay. Have been drewling over this pc for two years. Just wondering what I should do first when I receive my new Razer? Is there a lot of junkware to remove? How about driver updates, is Razer good about posting them so its easy to download and install? Thanks Jeff

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There is zero junk. I uninstalled the Dolby stuff since I'm using Razer's surround software.

Just let razer synapse, geforce experience, and Windows update handle drivers and patches automatically, nothing to do manually really on that front aside from drivers for any additional hardware you connect that isn't Razer branded.

4. technoboy

Reputations:
    Hi HFM, Thanks for the info! Boy Razer seems to keep a low profile... I wanted to buy some razer gear on their store and can't get past the review your order screen. And, there seems to be know number to call if you're having trouble with orders. I tried one number i found on the web but its for razer laptop support. I hope this isn't a omen of what's to come with my new Razer Blade!
    Jeff

5. technoboy

Reputations:
    Hi, Well I've got my razer blade and its fantastic. I went to razerzone.com to look for driver and or bios updates. Well, all the drivers were dated from june 2013 and i couldn't find any bios updates. Am I missing something? Windows update did install one razer update and one intel video driver update, so maybe I'm ok. Thanks, Jeff

6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    All you need to do is use Synapse and Windows Update.

7. Muazam Kamal

Muazam Kamal Newbie

Reputations:
    Mind I ask guys, is there a way for me to enable something like "Always enable media keys". For example, I don't need to press the FN key to press the volume, play/pause, screen/keyboard brightness, and etc. While to access the F1-F12 keys, need to use the FN key. Basically swapping those two orders.

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Since it's not an option in Synapse (just checked), not sure it's actually possible at all.

I've actually noticed there's a couple games that I can't Fn+F2/F3 to control the volume in-game. If I'm not mistaken both Skyrim and Witcher3 exhibit this. It seems if the Fn key can be "disabled" in some cases, it should be possible to control somehow.

https://twitter.com/razersupport/status/497074647809011712

I also tried switching the "NumLock" status in the BIOS just now, no dice. That option makes zero sense on a Blade 14, maybe only relevant if you have an external keyboard with a numpad.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  9. Maxence

Maxence Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I own a Razer Blade, 2015 edition with 3200x1800 screen resolution.

I have an issue on the screen, when display large area of light color (e.g. white), there is kind of dust effect on the screen. Like there is some light gray particles all over the screen.

Does somebody noticed the same issue?

I already send back the computer back, they sent me a new one but there is still the same issue.
    A guy at a Microsoft store told me that it's a common issue on very high dpi screen display but,
    after read/watch a lot of reviews about the 2014 and 2015 editions, all say that this computer have a so beautiful screen, for every colors, etc.

I think if they saw what I saw, they would noticed.
    Really wonder if it's normal or if I'm unlucky.

10. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does it look almost paper-like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.