Razer Blade Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmallick6806

rmallick6806 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't for some reason find an answer: can we add more ram to the Razer Blade 2014 by ourselves? or is it not possible?

2. NovaTornado

NovaTornado Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not easily possible. Ram is soldered on.

3. jashsu

jashsu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Laptop fans that do this will eventually stop spinning.

4. ivan6953

ivan6953 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, so

I have The New Razer Blade (14-inch)

Screen:
    3200*1800 is gorgeous. After seeing this live you can't look at other laptops at all. 4K videos looks great on this one. These are pros.
    Cons - sotware. Windows' zoom feature is buggy a bit, 30 percent of programs are adpted to it. other 70 - either will run on 3200*1800 no-scaled mode, they will lokk tiny as hell. Other will zoom image, so Steam, for example launches at 1600*900, but scales window. But it's not that bad, it's just disturbing sometimes. IE works perfectly on this resolution, google chrome...lags a bit, if you are on power consumption mode. it lags as hell.

Games:

Well, wow, it's the first laptop I've ever had which can run all games at 1600*900 (previos Razer Blade resolution, fits perfectly) on ultras. ALL. GAMES. But still, we have cons!
    1) DX11 games will not launch fullscreen until you switch to lower resolution, any res, but lower then native. That's annoying as hell, i've asked support, they told me it's Intel driver's problem...Half a year passed, nothing changed
    2) Ehm...

That's all.
    Anything else if perfect. Keyboard, gorgeous trackpad, gorgeous slim.

Razer Blade Pro is...weaker at hardware and i would consider buying New Razer Blade (14-inch)

5. ivan6953

ivan6953 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, if anyone has The New Razer Blade 14 (2014), tell how do you clean speakers? I have dust stuck there in small holes, looks bad :((

6. imelectronic

imelectronic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Lint brush/roller, scotch tape kind.

7. Gaz552

Gaz552 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I have a Razer Blade (2012) and my screen has just died.
    Anyone know the model number of the screen and driver so I can find a replacement?

Also any tips on how to get dismantle the lid to get at the screen itself?

8. Dojutsu

Dojutsu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all, I have a few questions regarding RAM upgrade on the Razer Blade Pro R2(2012).

I managed to get my hands on two 8GB PNY sticks. They are Dual Channel PC3-12800 DDR3.
    Now, when I installed them, my Nvidia graphics driver kept crashing so I had to boot into safe mode and uninstall the nvidia drivers in order to be able to boot into the desktop.
    Thinking it was my drivers that were messed up I tried installing a previous version of the Nvidia drivers but the same problem happened. The screen would get distorted and freeze up. All that would show was the distortion/static image of my desktop.
    After a while of rebooting many times. The screen would just not turn on anymore. I had to swap back to my old RAM sticks in order to get my laptop working again.

So is there an update that I have to do to the BIOS or are the sticks DOA?
    I know around pages 108 someone managed to swap out their RAM but I don't think they had any complications like I did.
    Maybe the sticks just aren't compatible with this laptop?

I'd appreciate any type of input/help.

Please and thank you.

9. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Been having issues with my blade pro since I got it about a year ago

You can see videos below:
    http://1drv.ms/1rKUSQ8

Anyone else experiencing these problems?
    Also whats with the early voiding of warrantees on 2013 Blade Pros?

Also, I haven't been able to access the developers forums for the SBUI lately...

10. SilverComet

SilverComet Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys I just got the 2015 Razer Blade 14.

I am playing BF4 on 1600x900p and the turbo is not kicking in at all. When it does for second the CPU heats up to 90 degrees and then drops turbo. In intel extreme utility shows now thermal throttling but the turbo is not being used at all. Just stays on 2.5 GHZ. Am I missing something here or is the razer blade know for not using its turbo?

If this is the case I'm returning this thing tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.