Razer Blade BIOS

Discussion in 'Razer' started by pbhenry3, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
  2. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    They're all Chinese, but quality can obviously differ. The very cheap stuff is often made with very soft plastics, best known from 'tools included' items such as with lcd/digitizer replacements for smartphones.

If frequent reflashing is expected then you might opt for eeprom sockets:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Main thing is that you can keep a separate, stock chip at hand for easy, no-programming recovery. Neither do you have to shutdown the system prior to flashing; on boot the (v)bios, ec and me are 'shadowed' (copied to RAM) and the system will run from those copies. With the socket you can simply pull the eeprom from the live system, flash it with programmer+adapter (200mil), drop it back, reboot and check your mods.

Unfortunately, these will not work as-is for 150mil vbios eeproms; have to mod its footprint first (and use 200mil chips henceforth). If anyone manages to find a 150mil equivalent then don't keep that information to yourself, please :vboops: .

Nuke33 and Vasudev like this.
  3. Sumanji

Sumanji Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you still need this and can give me instructions on how to dump the BIOS, I can do this for you.

Cheers,

Su

Nuke33 and Vistar Shook like this.
  4. pbhenry3

pbhenry3 Company Representative

Reputations:
    hey bud, I actually have the bios for that one now. however, I am working on a modified bios/modified vbios combined on this one since the vbios is embedded in system bios. I need a bit more information to modify this, if you'd like to help can you please download "GPU-Z" and send me a screenshot of the main tab, put some load on the gpu and also send me a screenshot of the "sensor" tab. You would of course have access to the mod once it is complete.

Vasudev, Nuke33 and Vistar Shook like this.
  5. warhouse

warhouse Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Nuke, could you post the bios again? or anyone if they have it?? Thanks!

6. Nuke33

Nuke33 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. Kajetan Kasprowicz

Kajetan Kasprowicz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Nuke, is there any chance that you have a BIOS (.rom) for Blade 2016 FHD skylake gtx1060, version before spectre and meltdown patches?
    Thanks in the advance.