Razer Blade Advanced 2019 - Personal Review

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Wishmaker, May 18, 2019.

1. Nmogas

Nmogas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've recently sent my blade to RMA (Blade 15 2018) due to constant BSODs.

Repair center reported they changed the motherboard as a defective USB was causing the BSODs.

Hope you don't have the same issue - just shared my experience as you mentioned BSODs caused by USB.

Wishmaker likes this.
  2. bimmerboii

bimmerboii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Happens to me as well and is very annoying and concerning why this is happening of a fresh boot. Im tempted to do a clean Windows install.

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think more likely the trip point to activate air cooling is probably set at 65-70C on CPU.

4. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    It behaved like this out of the box so I dont think its normal. Anyway to check this trip point and adjust its value?

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If they use AMI Aptio 5 you can AMIBCP to modify it to make the trip values higher for preferring passive cooling. It might void your warranty because of bios mods.
    @Raidriar Any idea how to check if RB 2019 supports modded BIOS?

6. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Try the method you just stated, if it works great if not then razer has locked down the system like Alienware

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Wonkyfinger

Wonkyfinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Those temps are way too high. Get your money back, or maybe exchange for another. They don’t all run that hot. My 2070maxQ version is super cool and quiet. The 2060 version that I’m returning tomorrow is a scorcher with similar temps to yours.

8. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    My cpu idle temps range from 49 to 56, gpu idles mid 40s yet the fans go full blast..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

9. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For my blade with 9750h and 2080mq, cpu temps are in the high 70s to mid 80s when playing witcher (-100mv core voltage offset applied) and gpu howers around 70+...

I had the blade with 2070mq before that and was pleasantly surprised that the 2080mq runs around the same temps but boost clocks are actually slightly higher

I haven’t tried a larger cpu core voltage offset yet or tune the gpu Voltage/frequency curve using afterburner yet..anybody tried and has good results?

10. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Overall I am ok with these temps and if I want can limit the max cpu turbo boost clocks to bring temps down...what irks is intels marketing BS of max turbo clocks vs the actual chips TDP limitation

Well AMD just “kicked” intel hard, hope they wake up...seems history is repeating itself like when intel had to come back with their core 2 duo chips