Razer Blade (2014_model)_Reviews

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Digital1337, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindinversion

mindinversion Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This ^^ I don't care what model it is, if by some miracle it ends up in my posession I'd be more than happy with the thing :D

2. losyork

losyork Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't believe it's april 23rd, and still no formal reviews from any of the major blogs like the verge, engadget, gizmodo, anandtech.

3. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well if it was a customs issue, reviewers wouldn't have them in their hands yet anyway.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    There's no reason they need to ship laptops off the production lot they're shipping to everyone else. They could have easily provided samples to the major review outlets weeks ago. In any case we should have user reviews in the next week.

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Considering all of the ones displayed at shows were still considered preproduction, its actually quite possible that any reviewer units are actually in the first batch to leave the production lines. Apple/MS may send review units months in advance, but that's only because they produce thousands of devices, probably in several runs, prior to release. Its a very different situation here. We're dealing with a very niche device with limited runs. Review units probably had to be requested directly from Razer (most review sites simply wait for units to fall in their laps), and even then Razer might have decided to get devices to customers first.

Really there is nothing to either support or refute your statement, so we'll probably never know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. losyork

losyork Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Didn't they have a couple quick first look models they were using for the razer blade? I wonder if they've not completely fixed some of the preproduction problems like heat cooling. When that first review comes out, everyone's going to be on top of it. I am waiting for an official review before I decide between blade or blade pro.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    It iis NOT common for any company to NOT provide samples for review (this coming from someone dealing directly with computer hardware and reviews for at least 20 years). Even Aorus who had VERY limited quantities on hand, the one that came to me for review had to be shipped to Australia afterwards. There's no way Razer didn't have dozens of laptops representative of production. Manufacturing just doesn't work that way. They don't just pop off the line and into the hands of customers. There's weeks of testing and tuning that happens, they don't just turn on a switch and instantly produce laptops from design to customer production.

In any case it's a moot point now. Laptops are being shipped. Even if major sites haven't received them, then at least we will have customer feedback. I'm looking forward to user feedback on this one.

8. STAHLVOGEL

STAHLVOGEL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Still no Video Reviews of the Blade 2014. very frustrating......

9. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Patience, people have not had much time yet. By late next week we will have some

10. rezar_edalb

rezar_edalb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    still no reviews?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.