Razer Blade 2014 vs MacBook Pro Retina 15

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Dinamis, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newfiejudd

newfiejudd Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the 2015 RB, and a RMBP 2012-13 with 650m. To be honest besides for the fan noise (Yes it gets loud) I absolutely love that little RB. Gaming is a pleasure, I actually got away from PC gaming on the road because of my RMBP and the constant throttling. My RMBP was replaced several times to try and stop this. No solution ever came from apple. This little green and black gem just rips, build quality is just as good as any Mac I have owned. Customer service might be a different story, Apple has always been excellent to me. Needless to say I have moved my iPhotos to folders, deactivated iTunes on my RMBP and doubt I will ever go back. I actually feel that Apple took me for a ride in some ways (DARN COOLAID), premium price point for low end components. Razer has a good thing going here, lets just hope they follow it up with GREAT Customer Service.

2. Rikg09

Rikg09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you already have a decent desktop gaming rig, i'd stick with the MacBook Pro, and spend the money on upgrading the desktop. Maybe a new graphics card? or CPU?

As a Blade owned, that's what I would do. I changed from a Macbook Pro to the Blade because I didn't want to have more than one machine, and I like gaming.

So I'd stick with your mac, and upgrade your desktop :p

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I would second @Rikg09. If I was still using a desktop to game I would definitely not have the blade. The fact that I have no interest in owning a desktop and I want a thin and well built gaming notebook is why I have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.