Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryUSA

TerryUSA Newbie

Reputations:
    Joined so I could say thanks,

I had been waiting on this to release and while searching the net for more info I found this forum. I was able to order my new 256GB Blade from Microsoft with the student discount and no tax. Saved me nearly $500 in all and it should arrive by Wed.

Thanks a lot, Terry

P.S. With the saved money I can get a really good Mouse, trackpad, and other accessories (Already ordered the Armor Case)

2. EnisL

EnisL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As you guys frequently talk about ordering from the Microsoft store with student discount, how high is the discount?
    I assume 10? I couldn't find the info on the website

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

3. TerryUSA

TerryUSA Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I received 10% off. I selected the Blade after choosing my school and it was automatically discounted in the cart. No code or anything needed.
    Microsoft Store - EDU Portal

4. EnisL

EnisL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cheers. Too bad this doesn't work with European unis

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

5. Drkknightfan

Drkknightfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Somehow I ordered one from Microsoft with a student discount and had trouble with my credit card going through, Bank of America called me to confirm my purchase, but it still wouldn't go through. I called Microsoft and ended up on the phone for 90 minutes, got my case escalated to a claims department, they called me back and asked me to try and process the order through the web site. Started the process over again and when I got to check out my discount had jumped to 529.80 somehow! I put the order through and ended up paying 2322.83 for the 512 version with overnight shipping!! It hasn't shipped yet, I don't think they ship over the weekend. I just hope it they don't cancel my order, as the discount seems to be an error on their part. :)

6. TerryUSA

TerryUSA Newbie

Reputations:
    I had the same issue. I used my Alaska Airlines card (Bank of America) and they refused the order. I called the bank and they removed the block but it still wouldn't go through afterwards. I made the same call to Microsoft and got it escalated but before they could call me back I tried to place the order again from another Microsoft account and noticed the Order Number was the same as the one that failed (On a completely separate login). At this point I figured something was not getting reset so I cleared my browser (CTR + SHIFT + DEL) and added the item back to my cart. This time the order went through no problem.

However, It sounds like you definitely got the better end of the deal, Congrats I hope it all goes through for you.

7. Drkknightfan

Drkknightfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear you didn't get the same deal. I still don't know how it happened? They could still cancel it at some point too.

8. CjQuick

CjQuick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have the keyboard backlight flicker randomly?

9. kraaken1

kraaken1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On my way to the Microsoft store to pick one up! Going to cancel my order from the razer site once I know I'm happy with it. So excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. eL777

eL777 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, I noticed mine would flicker once while playing every so often so I looked in the Razer synapse settings and saw a setting enabled that would turn off the keys lights after 15 minutes of being idle. I disabled this setting and haven't noticed it since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.