Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cp_kirkley

cp_kirkley Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I'm in the market for a blade and am strongly considering buying one of the 2014 models used, for about 1100. I know the 870m is somewhat long in the tooth at this point, but my thinking is that since I already have a x79 tower with a 980 sitting in the office, I don't really need to have bleeding edge gpu muscle in my laptop. Also, the understated, non garish casing will help me not feel like a tool at work when I bring it in.

Do you feel like 1100 is a solid price for a 2014 blade these days? Sure its old, but I can't justify a 17-1800 hundred dollar laptop that can't replicate the performance of my tower. All I'm looking for out of this laptop is strong enough performance to play AAA titles in 2015 at 1080p? I don't mind turning some eye candy off to get FPS above 55-60. Should I be looking to replace the battery immediately at this stage of its life cycle, and what other issues are long time owners dealing with at this point? At this point is anything on this laptop still covered for razer?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm playing Fallout 4 on mine at 1600x900 with quite a few bells on, runs great. There's a couple isolated areas that chug a little but it's pretty rare. I think inside the corvega factory near where the boss usually hangs out is one of them.

As far as longevity, I've had it for going on 2 years at this point. The battery is starting to wear. I never use it though it's nearly always plugged in. Everything else is great. I thought I was having a power problem but it just turned out to be the battery is starting to go as I didn't realize I was on battery power when the problem happened. It turns off with around 14-17% battery left. And the wear level data is at around 13%.

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

3. Arvindr56789

Arvindr56789 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi guys need help!!!. I have accidentally erased the bios on my blade 2014 :(:( Can Some one please give me a dump of the bios file. I am stuck with paper weight till then. Please please help me out

4. Re1axo

Re1axo Newbie

Reputations:
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  6. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Likely due to the fact that the batteries get quite warm when gaming for some reason. Maybe the power adapter cant provide enough juice and the battery needs to help out as well, because it is no where near any of the heat generation components in the laptop, yet gets quite warm to the touch after a long gaming session on mine.

7. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That should be the stock bios. Use AFUWINGUI.exe to flash the bios. There should be tutorials on how it use it online.

Attached Files:

8. story1234

story1234 Newbie

Reputations:
    My Razer has the plug in 0% charging problem. Is that something I can fix or I have to change the battery?

9. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Uninstall battery drivers from device manager, turn it off, plug it in and let it be like that for up to 4 hours.

That's what Razer support suggest to do to recalibrate batteries and what I heard helped some to get their battery alive again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.