Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmylamoule

timmylamoule Newbie

Reputations:
    Limited for what ? Really i don't need the latest nvidia graphic card and the latest Intel proc..

I just want to know how is battery life and if someone is selling it ;)

2. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is most likely coilwhine. I didn't think laptops had components that take enough power to make coilwhine, but when I run load tests like unigen heaven, or 3dmark the noise sounds very similar to the coilwhine on my 780ti, but a fair bit quieter.

It is in no way harming the system, but just a byproduct of the power componentry (If i'm not mistaken)

3. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had to buy mine used as well, as they didn't sell it in Norway.

I'm not selling mine, but the battery seems to have held up pretty good. The previous owner got it right after it was released, so its about 1.5 years old now, and I'm still able to get 3-4 hours of web browsing/ watching youtube videos, at a bit lower than 50% brightness (I have to use microsoft edge, because chrome tanks the battery life)

I'm sending mine in to have the keyboard replaced (previous owner somehow managed to only break the right arrow key), and I'll see if they can change the battery as well, to see if there is an improvement with a fresh battery.

4. jedisurfer1

jedisurfer1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm looking at one with 8gb of ram. Is the ram soldered or is there a free slot for upgrade?

5. robohgedhang

robohgedhang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It is soldered.

6. Chris9446

Chris9446 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it worth buying the razer blade 2014 today for $1900 CAD (refurb)?
    What are some of the problems people had with this laptop?

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Absolutely not worth that price. You can get something much better in every way for less right now. The heat and battery alone from that laptop aren't worth it.

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My 2014 finally has the dreaded power circuit/battery issue where it will only run for minutes before it outright turns off. I think someone else had this issue as well. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery in the next week or two when i get time and see if that fixes it.

Sad face

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

9. Bryan Mueller

Bryan Mueller Newbie

Reputations:
    I think the Razer batteries just don't last longer than 2 years, although I've heard it can also be an issue with the charger. Windows will either say "battery not detected" or "battery connected and not charging". Reinstalling the battery drivers via Device Manager supposedly fixes the problem for some people, but had no effect on mine.

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It turns out it's just the battery. Was my bad I think I didn't realize the power adapter came unplugged, but the laptop is definitely powering off suddenly with a substantial amount of capacity remaining (17-20%). Still seems to be fine while plugged in so I'll deal with it some other time. I'm plugged in 99% of the time.

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.