Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm noticing a fairly annoying problem recently to do with chrome. Something about the html5 used to play youtube videos, is messing up, and when I play 1080p60 videos it looks worse than 30 fps due to some nasty stutter.

Everyone and their mum says to turn off gpu acceleration in settings, but all this does is make the browser feel slower, and does not fix the problem. Forcing chrome to use the flash player instead of html does not help either, as flash can't do 60 fps, and html5 is fine with 30 fps content...

Starting chrome up with the gpu does not help either, so it is not any power saving features on the igpu slowing down the video.

PS: on a side note 720p60 works fine in and out of fullscreen, however under stats for nerds, it says there are no dropped frames for both 720p60, and 1080p60 even though there is a large amount of dropped frames in 1080p60

2. tommygnns

tommygnns Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all - One of the rubber feet on the bottom of my laptop has begun to fall off on one side.

Do you have any suggestions for what type of adhesive I should use to reattach it? Thanks for your help!

3. flyrr61

flyrr61 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know of an effective cooling pad for the Blade?

I travel frequently, would like a portable, effective pad if anyone knows of one.

Thanks.

4. LordKarango

LordKarango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any cooling pad that lets you change the placement of the fans/ has a fan large enough to provide airflow to both vents should be fine. If the bottom is perforated, it would aid further with airflow.

TBH I dont notice much of a difference with my device on the cooling pad, as it just blows at the center of the blade, however the perforated cooling pad helps quite a bit, rather than putting it directly on the table, or worse on a padded surface.

5. ReverseCold

ReverseCold Newbie

Reputations:
    Same happened for me, just use some type of superglue and stick it back on, no problems since.

6. starbeans

starbeans Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone heard an odd, buzzing static noise from inside their Blade?

7. timmylamoule

timmylamoule Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I am thinking of buying this laptop but I want to know what is battery life like in 2014 version ? Like for a basic use : Word / VLC + 50% luminosity + no keyboard backlight ?
    And how is the battery going after like 1 year or more (or less...) of use ? Does the battery life last less than before ?

Also, I don't think this is the right place for that but I'll try anyway! Is someone selling his RB 2014 (shipping to France... as Razer don't want to sell in EU...)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  8. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try to see Auros laptop

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk

9. timmylamoule

timmylamoule Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you mean Aorus laptop ?
    I already checked those devices but I really don't like the gaming style like..

10. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry for typo, there is no doubt Razer looks nice or piece of good craft. But you will be limited with option not two hard disk slot, 5 th gen cpu and 970 gpu

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.