Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radsaq

radsaq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't seen that. Is it possible you've plugged in a USB ethernet adapter? :)

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope.. I have nothing plugged in except a Logitech unifying receiver for the anywhere mouse mx I use every once in a while.

EDIT: My guess it it's using that chip for the USB 3.0 ports. It's probably just a feature of the USB solution just not hooked up to anything.. Perhaps people have installed that updated driver without thinking about it already.

3. fjc2

fjc2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does Razer supply Win 8.1 media or some way to reinstall the OS if you need to? I'm on the verge of ordering one of these little beasts. :)

4. Xanterra

Xanterra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope, but there's a built-in tool to copy the recovery partition to a USB drive that works well

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

5. mattscool135

mattscool135 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is that a Windows 8 built in tool (like its backup system) or is it a Razer program, just wondering.

6. Xanterra

Xanterra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe it's a W8 built - in tool, but it just copies the recovery partition - it doesn't base it upon your install

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

7. mattscool135

mattscool135 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    cool man thanks for that info. Can anyone explain how to actually do this? Thanks.

8. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I do not claim to be an expert, but I had no luck using any of the built in Windows image features. I guess I could just never make it do exactly what I wanted. Same thing goes for Win 7 tools which are about the same I believe.

I used a freeware tool (can't think of the name of it but there are many available) to just copy the entire system image to a USB drive, all partitions included. Then I replaced my SSD and did a restore, and then resized the main partition that changed in size. It worked great and if I ever have any problems like a complete drive failure I can just use that original image to get up and going really quick.

9. Digital1337

Digital1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    was that you who gave them 2-star review @ Microsoft Store ? :)))))

10. fuelhandler

fuelhandler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine has similar blemishes at the tip of the two top snake tongues. I also have a speck of dust between thee screen and glass. Not impressed in respect to build quality, but as I live in Canada a return to Razer is a nightmare. I'm out $411 in duty and taxes and it's a crap shoot to get this back, not to mention a replacement would be taxed again going across the border.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.