Razer Blade (2014) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Xanterra, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdchaser

mdchaser Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I loaded steam and noticed that it was set to use the nvidia gpu by default so you will need to set it to use the internal gpu via the nvidia control panel. A bit silly to use the nvidia gpu for the steam client by default, it's going to cause a lot of drained batteries I would think.

2. globe808080

globe808080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I fired up Diablo III ROS at 3200x1800 last night and didn't notice that I had Firefox and Opera open. After exiting D3 I was greeted by a lovely Windows message informing me that there was no RAM left and that it would soon shut down programs to free up RAM.

Also, perhaps it is a reporting error...but Task Manager reports only half of the RAM slots are populated?!

3. CrazyTasty

CrazyTasty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's strange. Mine is set to "auto-select" by default, and the system correctly runs on the iGPU when I open Steam.

4. mturkel99

mturkel99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, HIDEvolution finally got back to me:

"We received more Razer Blades this week. We removed the motherboard and there is no 2nd SSD slot as suspected. The PCIe SSD (Samsung XP904) did fit physically but was not detected by the system."

So, there is definitely no second slot. As for PCIe, I'd say we can close the file on that one. I know, I know, Samsung XP904 is not bootable. But I don't really know where to go from there.

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I measured the contrast ratio of the screen to be 390:1. Not that great... If you want your display to have more of a color pop like the MBP, you can up your Saturation by 20 points or so in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

If you don't mind crushing your contrast ratio further, you can lower your Gamma, brightness and contrast to drastically improve your viewing angles. Might be worth investigating to see if there's a sweet spot in the settings.

7. fuelhandler

fuelhandler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all. Got this email from Razer when I was inquiring about my mouse coupon. Hope everything works out and Razer's offices and staff are ok:

Hello,

The Razer office in Carlsbad , California has been affected by the recent brush fires in the area.
    All Razer staff was forced to evacuate our office and at this time we do not know when we will be able to return to the office.

We anticipate this problem to be short lived and hope to be back in our office very soon.
    The good news is all Razer Staff and others in the area appear to be safe and out of harm’s way.

Due to this evacuation our reply to your email will be delayed.
    Our staff will work remotely whenever possible and we will do all we can to quickly get back to your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Best regards,
    The Razer Support Team.

SRSR333 likes this.
  8. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've gotten this "low memory" message many time too, it appears to be a Windows 8 bug (although I'm pretty sure I've seen it on Win 7 systems too). You can google it and find many others having the same problem, and the only solution is to find ways to turn of the message. I've have this on 16GB systems too just running a single game that's using 1-2GB, it's really annoying and can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

9. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Really? You get it that often? The only times I've ever received such 'low memory' messages is when I jack up X-Plane 10's rendering settings to near maximum and it lags to 10 FPS. Otherwise, I've never ever seen such a message, either on Win7 or 8.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

10. thepopol777

thepopol777 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Got the same email today, while I was inquiring for my defective mouse exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.