Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2080, I just did a hands on... AMA

Discussion in 'Razer' started by GizmoSlip, Jan 7, 2019.

1. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

I just did a hands on event with Razer at CES 2019. I was able to get my hands on with the new Blade 15 with the RTX 2080. Here is my video if it. Feel free to ask me anything. I’ll try to check this periodically, though I am busy making videos of other laptops as well.

My videos on the new Blade 15. Hands on here testing out Battlefield V with RTX on:

Thorough overview of the new Blade 15’s new specs and options before I could get hands on:

Joikansai and Darkhan like this.
  2. Michael A. Saldana

Michael A. Saldana Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did you happen to ask them about thermal design? i.e is it the same, what's different, and also when will these hit the market

3. hteng

hteng Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    how are the temperatures and fan noise during load? did they allow you to measure the temps?

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On Norway map Ray Tracing isn’t so demanded, they should set on forest or Amsterdam map. With Rtx 2070 on core v2 @1440p dxr medium i get playable FPS hitting 50ish with Blade 15 egpu setting.
    28A35751-6135-4D2D-AB10-352F1B611871.jpeg
    PS: always like your Videos, keep on!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The thermal design is different because the laptop is now .04" thicker than last years model. That should allow for a larger vapor chamber or more space between components. They also changed materials in some areas to transfer heat better.

I can tell you the bottom of the laptop was very warm when I picked it up for the thumbnail shot.

I believe the fan noise is going to be about the same as last years model. I am not someone who minds fan noise until it gets really, really bad. They did not allow me to measure temps or clock speed. I did bring utilities just in case they were going to let me, but they said no.

That's interesting. I thought they might be probably giving us a easier to render map section lol!

Joikansai likes this.
  6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes but better than dessert, there literally nothing to be ray traced;) Maybe only gun shots reflection on vehicles.

7. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it sad I'm more excited for the secondary functions being backlit and windows hello? Lol. I'm all for practicality and feature comforts.

Arondel likes this.
  8. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If only they fixed the issue with the right arrow key, damnit!

That right FN key is the devil.

9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I have no idea why they did that. Luckily I use the one on the left on laptops. But some consistency would be nice.

10. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I use arrow keys for navigating during coding (including using the combo keys with them to do home/end etc) so it’s a productivity killer.

andysui and Terreos like this.