Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bjrebo

bjrebo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I will be ordering my 2019 RB15 today from HIDevolution. Donald has been helping me thru the process. I think that I landed on the 2070 maxq vs the 2080 maxq. Of course going to get their LM application. Does anyone have an opinion on the two GPUs? Seems like 2070 is a little higher clock so that may compensate for the 2080 cuda cores etc. I think 2080 will be a 7-15 % increase only. Thoughts?

2. Cerberus_delta

Cerberus_delta Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I ordered the rtx 2080 version on amazon fr, but it puts a loan deadline of two months. Do you know another site with stock in the next days on the French side?

3. bjrebo

bjrebo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would check with Donald at HIDEvolution. I believe they ship international. You could also get the LM repaste as that 2080 is going to need it.

4. Cerberus_delta

Cerberus_delta Newbie

Reputations:
    There is a way to have the keyboard in AZERTY by ordering at Hidevolution? and I saw that the support was only US?

5. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I understand they can order non US keyboards from other brands (like MSI, for example). Maybe they can do it for Razer.
    Their standard warranty is US based but you can upgrade to "international" in the sense that they will pay for shipping both ways to the US should you have to use it. I believe they cover up to two incidents per year.
    You should speak with @Donald@HIDevolution for a clearer understanding of this. Also, I think @Ultra Male has experience with international purchasing from HIDevolution (made a thread a couple years back, if I recall)

6. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDI...-Laptop-GPUs-Performance-Review.401266.0.html

The 2070 MQ to 2080 MQ is a 25.5% performance increase for around $700 in cost (using HIDEvolution and the RB15 ADV). It's a tough call and your choice whether it is worth it or not.

For those that care, the jump from the 2060 to the 2070 MQ in the RB15 ADV is very small, like $150. So any complaints of similar performance aren't really valid since there isn't much of a price difference.

7. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Normalement 1er Février le 2080 512Go sera disponible sur le site de Razer, mais je n'en suis pas sûr, c'est juste une rumeur on va dire.

La version 2070 256Go est déjà dispo chez Razer store Fr

--

Normally the Razer blade should be available in UK February 1st according to a reseller, so in France it should be the same date I think.

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    First normal user Blade 15 out of box 3Dmark run.

9. Cerberus_delta

Cerberus_delta Newbie

Reputations:
    Re, so I managed to make an order on the site razer France the order that valid but to my greatest astonishment I received instead of a confirmation email information that my payment had not worked . (It does not come from me the bank to confirm that it was the vendor's servers that did not walk.) I confess to being a bit in the dark and what's more it does not have phone support for France. So I sent an email to their media but the waiting time is very long. Do you have an idea ?

10. mario64

mario64 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the post. Shame the RTX model still has those horrible high-pitched whining fans :(