Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On automatic it’s all grey, you can’t access it.

2. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe there is hope yet

3. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So what are the thoughts on the 2080 model?
    Run hot and loud?
    It’ll be interesting to see what reviews say. I’m hoping for the best but expecting high temps .
    I hope I’m wrong.
    Question on the last 1070 model, does that run hot on loud out of the box and could things be improved with tweaks?

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Since nvidia on this mentioned it’ll be 40% more power efficient and increase 20% performance compared Pascal mobile, i think it’ll be similar temperatures, but with bigger performance gap vs desktop version, maybe 2060 will perform raw similar with last 1070maxq, they’ve also similar price tag btw.
    With new Synapse 3 you can choose your on rpm from 4000 to 5000.
    This is the worst case on long session gaming with default thermal paste on 4800rpm for quiter fans in AC Odyssey 1440p Max setting. Undervolting with xtu -130mV, turbo boost on and no core clock limitation. Increasing fans and pushing to lower undervolting value may reduce it.
    03BC91A9-058C-4E33-B565-FE039599C003.jpeg
    I’m not doing hardware tweaks yet still factory paste only dusting grills area and upgraded ssd, not seeing the needs since all games runs smoothly in g sync monitor. So far I’m not having hardware issues for 7 months owning it. Occasionally I’m using egpu setting to run multi monitor gaming nvidia surround view 5120x1440p and Ray Tracing in BFV, but the card just died again, on way to evga for second time.

IKAS V likes this.
  5. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So there's a 4K 60Hz touchscreen variant with RTX 2070 available

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    64gb sodimm ddr4 support is confirmed, but where are single 32gb Samsung announced last year:vbconfused:

7. Cerberus_delta

Cerberus_delta Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I saw last week Thursday, January 17 that the new razer blade advanced had been on sale until Saturday night. Do you think they will be available again soon ? I had heard about availability in Europe on January 29th.

8. cesc21

cesc21 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone thinks they might upgrade the Blade Base to a GTX1660Ti when they're available ?
    Would be a nice little boost.

9. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've been out of these forums for a while I believe my last post was like several months back lol. I've gotten a new toy a Porsche 911 Turbo :p

Anyways getting back on topic, while I realize this forum is always big on the GPU's I'm actually more curious to learn about that new screen. From what I've seen on this video it doesn't appear that its reflective, which I really like.

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That on is oled prototype I believe, really crispy color. First on 29th January would be 4K ips which is also reflective, oled and 240Hz probably come later.
    Damn, nice new toy, I’m always super happy when could overtake it on highways...Wait can you run without speed limit there:p