Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If only you knew :D We sure don't feel rich it's expensive

I will contact CS then if the Blade is the best out of the Acer/Asus/MSI refreshes for my needs. I found a youtube video that lets you mod the BIOS so you can change the fan curve(idk if it's an actual curve or 3 different speeds), read it doesn't work with Synapse open though or something or if it works with the newer Blades :( Still better than 0 control

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Checked other countries it jump all to one EU store, so maybe it’s costumes related, since before it was stated under price that costumes fee may effect the price on some EU countries. This (costumes fee) doesn’t have effect to main store like UK, France and Germany.

3. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Genius :D It's like €400 cheaper now on the UK site, that's so dumb lol!

If the BIOS mod works on these laptops I think I will get this over the MSI G65/75 refresh etc. Is it okay to PM you in future if I do decide to buy one? lol

4. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Yes agree, saw often Apple price is lower in Switzerland, i mean that Apple, like MacBook;)
    About bios moding, It was on old Blade 14, and no one be able to hack the fans curve on late 2016 and 2017 model, only on early 2016 and before seemly. Blade 15 is also fully secured, not yet see any user even be able to unlock overclocking menu like cpu undervolting. Current manual Blade 15 rpm costumize value is up from 4000 to 5000 rpm can’t go lower. On balanced mode it’s quite though I think 0, sometimes but rarely is kicking on though.

5. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Yes MSI is more liked by tweakers here seemly. Anyway I don’t really like tweaking my Blade 15 a lot, using it mostly on default only xtu undervolting and monitoring, combined with playing around synapse for better gaming Temperature and battery life. But once other doing great things like bios moding on 2017 Model I may follow that.
    Of course you can PM me, not really sure can help though lol;)

6. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't like tweaking much either, but fan noise etc control to me is very important(studying in quiet library, lectures etc without the fan cycling on and off because the fan turn on speed is just a few degrees too low etc like my old Dell 9570 and current Aero 15X I'm going to return for other reasons). I like the RB 15 over the MSI because of Windows Hello etc but I think I will be happier with the ability to set manual fan curves in the long run. Thanks :D

Some people say they have unlocked some stuff on a 2018 laptop(mostly overclocking related that didn't actually change anything), hopefully someone here will try when these are out

7. Joikansai

Reputations:
    I live near cemetery, so I knew if it’s loud or not. Current fans rpm is for gaming to have quiter fans loudness imo. But I think they changed it, before when I’m not wrong minimum was 4500rpm on 7 months ago (I’m early adopters and synapse 3 with this Fan controller features firstly came with this model), and there’s actually lower bar to 0, but maybe they’re still considering whether unlocking it or not, since maybe it’ll come possibility some stupid users trying gaming on 0 Fans Profil lol;)

8. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think being able to lower the slider to 0 would seal the deal for me, wouldn't even need to touch the BIOS then :) Any links regarding this?

9. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Ah sorry not 0 but off, well same anyway. It’s with grey zone. I believe super tweaker can unlock it, really super one;)
    18248FF6-388A-4B4C-A419-8A81D0F3654A.jpeg

10. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same difference :D Just add an "Advanced User" checkbox to unlock off-max rpm slider pls :(

When the fan is on automatic is the bar not grey when the fans are off?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019