Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Driftingnfsc3

Driftingnfsc3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been enjoying anthem a lot personally :p is it grindy? just a bit, not nearly as much as other games. if anything, it is on the lower side of the grind. with the right build, it gives me the feeling that im powerful which i like XD

that said, your results confuse me, since you have a less aggressive undervolt, your clock speed is higher than what i am getting, yet your temperature is lower. i can only assume the 4k screen on my unit might be hogging a lot more power than i though from the intel graphics, in turn eating away at the available package power.

lowering the tdp increases the stutter a lot, as clock speed gets too low. also, i had a 1070maxq blade before (albeit the 1080p 144Hz model), and i was able to keep the temps below 88 degrees c at all times on gaming mode, without a laptop cooler, playing destiny 2, planetside 2... even running prime95+furmark. all this with a constant 3.6GHz on the cpu. my undervolt was the same -145mV with that unit back then (returned it in december 2018 because i got the BOE panel on my blade, instead of the LG panel... the strobing caused by the low frequency [est 240Hz] PWM backlight drove me insane).

EDIT: im going to try undervolting the iGPU to see if i get any improvement.

EDIT2: no change with -80mV on iGPU as i expected. iGPU isn't being stressed that much.

EDIT3: rinneh, what kind of clocks are you getting when you do a cinebench run, and hit the 45W limit?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Maybe because I played on g sync monitor I didn’t feel any stutter but was not smooth since it was on 1440p on around 40fps ultra, but core clock always hits 3,9, wait maybe I’ve some screenshot. You don’t have to undervolting iGPU i use mostly xtu (due egpu setting) even when using TS to undervolte only Core and Cache, there’s no difference undervolting iGPU so far i experienced.

Attached Files:

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. Tev

Tev Newbie

Reputations:
    Well after reading countless reviews and debating the Razer Blade 15, GS75, GIgabyte, Triton or Asus Rog (Various)....

I now have a Razer Blade 15 (9750h, 2070 MaxQ, 256GB, 240hz display) sat at home waiting for me after being delivered today. Also a Corsair 2TB MP510 NVME to upgrade it.

It had the right balance for me. Fantastic performance, solid build, lower temps than average, quiet and subtle enough that i can use it in work.

Looking forward to it! I've got a new job which i'm starting soon which will mean renting a property and living away from my wife and kids Sunday - Thursday. Have a very powerful desktop gaming PC but always used a Macbook Pro as my laptop. Decided i wanted a gaming laptop for while i'm away.

6. Driftingnfsc3

Driftingnfsc3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i got my hands on a razer blade 15 with the OLED screen. here is a pwm test i did for you folks that have sensitive eyesight

Joikansai likes this.
  7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Given how the units have been creeping upwards in thickness at nearly every refresh, might as well devote some of that to a nicer KB.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Rather with better cooling and battery cells so that they dont bloat up after a year or 2 and ruin the whole chassis.

10. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any way to prevent or delay the batteries from bloating up? Is the 2070 max on your razer have good performance vs a 1070 max q? Last question if you can answer, what is your fps for apex legends on all high and all low if you can spare those details?