Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. DEFBAT

DEFBAT Newbie

Reputations:
    Don't know if anyone saw, but Razer just updated their site with the new units.

Joikansai likes this.
  2. Wonkyfinger

Wonkyfinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, my Blade was delivered this morning. I got a little case of buyer's remorse after ordering last Thursday, and I figured I would find some excuse to return it. Not a chance. This is, without a doubt, the best gaming laptop I have ever owned, and I've gone through quite a few. The 2070MQ 144hz 512 was on sale for $2,399, and I got a 5% student discount and extended 3 year Razer care, total was $2,682 after tax.

After a few hours, I can't find a single flaw. No screen bleed, perfect panel, co coil whine, 15,551 firestrike stock with max temps of 79 CPU and 71 GPU. I am super pumped about spending at least 3 years with this baby. Well done, Razer, far exceeded expectations on day 1, I hope I remain this impressed in the days to come!

Astenb and Joikansai like this.
  3. craigery81

craigery81 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wait till you give it a slight undervolt. ;)

I just got a Firestrike score of 16,135 in gaming mode with -130 uv. Max CPU temp 83C.

Incredible

4. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm so happy with my 2070MQ 144hz. I only went 256gb SSD as I ordered a Samsung 2TB 970 Evo Plus. I was thinking about returning mine as well since it's been a bit over a week but decided the slightly improved CPU wouldn't make a huge difference in this chassis and I don't think I'd ever hit above 144hz refresh on the go - and when I'm at home I play on a 144hz super ultrawide 49" monitor anyway.

5. Paul16

Paul16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi.
    Can owner of mercury white laptop send some photos here,please? I like silver color of laptops but on all commercial photos of Razer it looks... ah... not great
    Thank you

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. struselix

struselix Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there any update for the BIOS issue?

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hold your ponies, according my mate they’re on testing phase. Bios update is pretty sensitive and may bring other new issues if published too rush. No ETA yet but close I think.

9. Wonkyfinger

Wonkyfinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Still loving this system, got a 16,021 Firestrike score after UV in gaming mode, that's probably the best I'll do. Happy with all game performance, thermals, noise, build quality, etc.

My only criticism - and maybe someone can help me with this - is the Synapse software. As far as i can tell, there is no way to store my lighting profile offline. Whenever I try to use the machine without an internet connection, it switches to the default lighting profile. Is there a way to store my setup locally?

10. craigery81

craigery81 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone here play World of Warcraft and if so can they check to see if there is any audible coil whine during gameplay?