Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. struselix

struselix Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A lot of users in the Razer Insider forum have this issue as well. Still no fix for this.
    Some say it might be dependend from the order of installation of the ME update and the BIOS.
    I am waiting until the "official" fix is published.
    https://insider.razer.com/index.php...-blade-15-ft-nvidia-geforce-rtx.45823/page-20

2. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I see. There were no instructions telling me that I have to update BIOS and EC before updating ME at the first place, so I proceed the ME update before updating EC and BIOS. Now, they have a instruction that tells users to update BIOS and EC first. Razer did not organize the process well before they post any updates.

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah bios update is something that should be waiting if you don’t have any issues with current bios. They’re working on it btw, i don’t have any stucking issue on any Bios update before, most probably it has something to do with intel em update since it’s vulnerability related and maybe it somehow disturbing the update.

Attached Files:

4. struselix

struselix Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I`ll wait untill an answer from Razer appears saying what to do when EC and ME have already been updated.

5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ordered the new Razer Blade 15, lets see if Razer has their stuff in order now with the new revision.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There’s update coming, see other thread.
    Edit: seems PC world too early uploading it;)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    rinneh likes this.
  7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Saw it popping up past afternoon, but those are with the expensive Oled panels etc.

Got a good deal on Amazon UK. The price for the 2070MQ was lower than the 2060 actually.....I take that any day.

Alienware unfortunately doesnt offer mid sized laptops anymore and the M15 isnt what I wanted. So taking the plunge for a Blade. Currently got a Triton 500 but I will return it. The thermals arent ideal because a bad paste job and the motherboard is reversed.

ninja2000 likes this.
  8. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Think you will be happy mate, I tried a m15 and Area 51m before settling with this one. I was worried about Razer cs which was the main reason I bought from amazon but the extremely good price on the 2070 was the icing on the cake.

rinneh likes this.
  9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks for your insights! I hope so. I liked the previous 15 inch versions. But the M15 just doesnt offer a lot of benefits for the size increase currently and the 51M is just way too much of a tank for my uses.

10. belik

belik Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, do you think that 2060 version has less chances for coil whine than the 2070 or 2080?