Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You should definitely undervolting the Blade, they overvolt it plus limiting tdp per power limit on ec firmware. With undervolting even there’s power limit you should get around 1150 range
    87512661-E304-42B4-AB43-17E4002D052B.jpeg
    want more you should moding the Bios as @JRey mentioned and unlock cpu VR setting etc but I prefer thermal on default bios on my 2018 model. Here’s the tutorial if you want to look or try:).
    About OC I think gaming mode on rtx model doesn’t apply OC on gpu, you can check it by choosing gaming mode and open afterburner, if it’s on default overclocked, it’ll show like this.
    B620E202-BFC1-44E5-8F0E-4E0964775BFF.jpeg
    If not you should doing it manually.

ninja2000 likes this.
  2. Astenb

Astenb Newbie

Reputations:
    How will i know if i have coil whine? I got the 2070 version from the Microsoft store. It seems perfect. Havent gamed too hard but ran 3d mark demos for a few hours and ran Star Citizen and Starcraft in gaming mode which seemed to push he heat to the max.

If i didnt hear any coil whine in 10 hours of testing and gaming does that mean i am in the clear?

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Than it’s great, if you didn’t notice that, try to put on gaming mode and put your ear near the keyboard if you want to check it on idle, on max load set the Fans to max rpm on Synapse. If you hit high cpu temperature set it to balance, to lower the tdp and get better temperature, for those games I think it’s still butter smooth even on balanced mode.

4. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pu
    Pubg at 1440p external monitor i usually average 1380mhz with a 125mhz clock increase.

Using the 1080p laptop screen i can average much higher.

*** If you jack up the Vram speeds as most people seem to do, the overal GPU power will be too High and you will be throttling at 90watt sooner.
    Hence average clocks in the 12xxmhz range

5. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    We’re talking about Cinebench R15 scores, not GPU clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mu
    Ouch. Thats what i get for reading posts while im on the toilet. Sorry

7. quickie

quickie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I just received my 2070 blade, has very minor light bleed on a spot on the bottom, not noticeable unless it’s a dark room on a black screen and I’m looking for it. I played ff xv for a about 5 minutes and I heard some coil whine it died down towards the end though. Hopefully it goes away. I undervolted it 125 and dropped the boost to 3.2 and on high settings I got a solid 60fps and the cpu temps were low 70s.

Joikansai likes this.
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Amateur comparison RTX Blade 15 vs GS65 2019, it’s more build and size comparison for helping buying decisions since it’s different rtx card model.

9. votehart

votehart Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

I have a 2080 Blade and having some trouble with a RAM upgrade.

Thought to ask this community. I have upgraded RAM to a G-Skill Ripsaw with 3200mhz. Whenever I start a game with the RAM set at 3200mhz the game freezes. This is any game. When I reduce to stock clocks or 2400mhz for these sticks every game plays fine.

Razer Support said this is a known issue with RTX 2070 and 2080 Blades with no resolution in sight. I updated to the latest bios, EC and Intel but still freezing when XMP is enabled.

Any help is appreciated.

Update: Razer Support is stating this is a known issue with no resolution date available.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 4:26 PM
  10. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you guys have problem when updating to BIOS 1.04? My situation is that the updater stuck at 99%, and system do not reboot. I wait 30 min but no work. I have to do forced reboot.
    The update is suppose to fix coil whine issue.