Razer Blade 15 RTX update

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yggdra.omega

yggdra.omega Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nearly burnt my legs off last night playing Ashes of the Singularity in bed with my 2080 RB15 lol

2. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What fan profile were you using?

I game in bed as well and a laptop cooling pad is essential, click for the one I use.

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see, seems you got lemon Blade 15 1070. Firestrike never bring mine to high 80ish both cpu and gpu mostly low 80ish or in this winter maybe 70ish gpu, recently tested it again after 9 months not huge difference, even one core starting to act badass reaching mid 80ish on stress test without undervolting, out of box condition. I used throttlestop only first week or two, after that only simple xtu undervolting with rising bottom area with laptops feet.
    Who play long session games on bed with Blade? You covered the intake Fans on bottom, it like vacuuming your bed with 3k vacuum cleaner:D. And heat is easier transferred to cassis because that tnt aluminum material. Play 6 to 7 hours, it’ll blow on your feet:p

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. AlexRiker

AlexRiker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My current razer blade (1070 max Q) hits 100C on CPU with max fans in any game after about 20 minutes (1070 max Q). GPU barely breaks a sweat- temps in the 70s at worst. I'm going to attempt a repaste this weekend and see if I get any improvement there.

Just FYI, firestrike is not a good benchmark for thermals, as it is 1) very short and 2) except for the 1-2 combined tests is only loading either the CPU or the GPU separately rather than together. Even the stress test (runs 20 loops) is not enough to reach thermal equilibrium on the razer blade, which is why you see youtubers like Dave2D using that and claiming that the blade has no thermal throttling and great cooling (LOL).

5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m playing already around 30 minutes 1440p RE2 Remake Gaming Mode temperature spike to high 80ish but mostly on mid 70ish, not repasting yet still factory default, only ssd upgrade and -130mV undervolting. B339A0DA-3800-4AE1-BC36-789F66495B92.jpeg

6. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm aware, it does give you a general idea though of what to expect. Like I mentioned earlier, I will be gaming on it for a few hours tonight(Overwatch :p) and post some temps for you guys to get some real world number.

7. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I wish my temps looked like that on my old razer! Mine was a serious heat machine.

From what I read the razer blade pros already had really good paste from the factory, so it didn't really seem worth it to re paste unless you were using something like liquid metal.

8. AlexRiker

AlexRiker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jokansai, with regard to those temps:
    1) I assume you're not using the razer core listed in your sig while getting those temps, right? Using the built in GPU?
    2) I take it you have the 4K screen since you say you're running at 1440P. does the game/monitor lock to 60 FPS or did you limit the FPS? At 1440P you would be significantly GPU bottlenecked which would lower the CPU temps. I have played around with limiting the FPS in a few titles for thermal's sake and for more stable performance but I'm a big fan of high refresh rate gaming.

I appreciate that- any data is good data. But, just conveying that when I run firestrike on my blade the temps look similar; and bear absolutely no resemblance to my temps in any real world gaming load. If you'll be playing overload i'll check my thermals in that too so I have a direct point of reference. Hope your machine serves you well!

Also as a point of reference for anyone else, my main tests have been witcher 3, rainbow six siege, assassin's creed origins with unlocked FPS. Some less demanding games like rocket league, nex machina, etc do seem to run a little cooler. I expect overwatch may be the same.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    HeavyUser likes this.
  9. yggdra.omega

yggdra.omega Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hahaha, the intakes were not covered, I had the top corners sitting on my thighs with my legs bent up. Thing is on fire after an hour of Ashes!

Joikansai likes this.
  10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.