Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually to add to this... I can’t wrap my head around running this cpu slower than I ran my 7700hq. It’s just crazy to think. That’s why I may end up going liquid metal route. I could run all 4 cores on my 7700hq at advertised turbo boost speeds.. so if I can’t run the 8750H at least at 3.6 I don’t feel like I upgraded. Just bugs the s**t out of me.

Vistar Shook and raz8020 like this.
  2. Requiemsky

Requiemsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As I said before. Sacrifices yes I do understand but it is just a 2.2 ghz cpu that turbos at 4.1 as razer advertises. The issue I’m seeing with your data and any data really is that the laptop forces it to run at 4.1 when it doesn’t need to. Really it’s useless to do it especially for a thin and light because of the heat ( as you recently pointed out). The game runs like butter on a 4 core 3.2 ghz cpu. I think the turbo boost is set too hi imho. You don’t need it that high for games. The 4 core cpu didn’t need it and even now with two more cores you still don’t. Games don’t really need that (yet). But like I said. That’s my opinion.

3. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    You bought a .5" thick 6-core gaming laptop, you inherently made sacrifices already like it or not lol

raz8020, Darkhan and Assault like this.
  4. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Turning off turbo boost will still allow the cpu into the 3.2ghz range right?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That game is just like doing prime stress test. The only game that could bump my 7700 HQ cpu around 8 celcius to nearly 90 from stable 81 on all my games, even eat cpu worse than FFXV. I should lower the game setting to high, and doing undervolting through Bios and limiting turbo boost. On default setting I think it’ll also crash, because the game detect my system on ultra high (that was setting with core 1080ti on 4K resolution, didn’t play on dgpu 1060 because the Fans was louder than eGPU, and I like higher resolution for that game)

6. quickie

quickie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Turning off boost will put it around 2.2 ghz. I run mine like that and I’m 60s.

7. Assault

Assault Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Off topic but LOOK HOW PRETTY THE NEW LENOVO LEGION LAPTOPS ARE.
    https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/legion/?IPromoID=LEN760377

... Team Razer ftw.

edit: Notice how Lenovo is offering a quad core i5 8300H model. That sucker will likely be plenty powerful, and perform well thermally, too. I may have liked to see this in the Blade as well.

8. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    IMHO the Razer is at the top as far as looks go. Unfortunately that comes at the expense of ports and cooling. But they have always been amazing looking

Halaja likes this.
  9. Assault

Assault Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agreed, blades speak for themselves, very sleek and classy looking lil' monster. I enjoy the sheer Windows experience on this laptop more than any I've ever used.

Halaja likes this.
  10. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can I limit the turbo boost range in throttlestop or another program? And should I be worried about a slight buzzing sound from the power brick. Didn’t notice it until I leaned closer

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018