Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yes, we primarily share the individual scores, Graphics Score for GPU comparison, and Physics Score for CPU comparison.

Petrov and raz8020 like this.
  2. Requiemsky

Requiemsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Look at those toys! Just like mine

Attached Files:

Assault and hmscott like this.
  3. Assault

Assault Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Duuuuuude high-five! Let me know if you notice any changes in temp or chassis heat :]

4. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    First time using Chroma at all, the game tie-ins are cute haha. Was playing Diablo 3 and it was interesting seeing how well Blizzard hooked in various game elements into the Chroma coloring. Kind of gimmicky and didn't make me a "better player" but cute for sure.

5. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you play Path of Exile? I’ve played many thousands of hours on PoE and probably many hundreds on D3 - although neither much in the last year due to not wanting to use my old laptop!

Also thinking about trying some other stuff that’s still around that I haven’t played, like ESO or even Warframe. Any counsel appreciated!

6. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    No, I have been a die hard Diablo guy since the late '90s. Been playing Diablo 3 since day 1. Despite its simplicity, I will note that Diablo 3 had this laptop running at max fan noise. Gameplay however was very smooth (over 120 FPS with all settings maxed). Just need to adjust to the new keyboard. With the 144 Hz screen it is like I went UHD on the time axis :)

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes yes yes:notworthy:, let’s do like old time, I’ve to wait until my bank sent the money to my CC, damn now they’ve no PayPal option anymore, but it’s faster than waiting one from Amazon for early next month ETA since here just available yesterday on store. Hope it’ll be still available by then:radar:

jlp0209 likes this.
  8. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha! I like that - UHD on the time axis.

I’m an old school D1 etc guy too (I cut my teeth on Ultima ][, Wizardry etc, and was a beta tester for Ultima Online even). Maybe I’ll fire up D3 again, always had a soft spot for my wiz.

I played PoE last night a bit and my CPU package hit 97! What undervolt have you settled on?

9. dgreen9

dgreen9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've disabled Turbo Boost at this point. Until I find something the laptop can't handle with it disabled I'm not sure I see a point. Keeps the temps under 75 and the fans never ramp up beyond what seems to be their lowest setting. I still wish I could get it totally silent for office use, but man these 8750s run HOT.

I should note I don't play AAA games and this is actually mainly an office machine for me.

10. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I put my ear close-ish to the power supply this morning, and it does indeed have a crackling sound going on.

I live chatted with Razer and sent them video/audio as they requested. Here is the audio (turn volume up to hear it): https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8q2l1yk58k16gj/Power Supply Crackling.m4a?dl=0

They gave me a case number and asked me to go to the MS store (as an authorized reseller) and they would replace it.

Is this crackling (which is only really audible if you put your ear close to the pier supply) an issue or just aesthetic? Someone had mentioned variable power coming from it - how did they measure that?

P.