Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    At some point this week, my RTX 2070 blade 15 fans started coming on earlier, like around 45-47c instead of 50c. This is causing my fans to stay on a lot more often and is incredibly annoying. I can't find if it was because of a Synapse update or anything, does anyone have knowledge on this? Any help is appreciated.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Have you checked reliability monitor to see what is changed?

3. Assault

Reputations:
    Honestly I didn't even know that existed, reviewing it now. There's a lot of razer "GameManagerService" stopped workings... I'll look into this, thank you

4. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you ever figure it out Assualt? Deciding if I should hop back on the Razer train or the new MacBook 16in. Does the blade advanced run quite while doing light tasks besides your hiccup? Thanks :)

5. Assault

Reputations:
    Yeah it finally went back to normal, some software must have been acting up. My fans usually stay off till about 50c so web browsing and streaming is typically dead silent.
    Some programs like steam will keep my fans on at idle and that's basically what I was fighting, all good now though o_O

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did your new panel came with the adhesive strips as well?

7. veahavarde

veahavarde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No it did not. I ended up using pull tabs for iphone battery which seems to do the job just fine.

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks for your insights, I was thinking of something similar, but th epull tabs arent long enough right? DId you also use those as the top to compensate for this?

9. veahavarde

veahavarde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got like 6 of these pulltabs for free from a local mobile repair shop, but did not use them on the between the lcd and chassis, instead using them between the LCD and the bezel, as the double sided tape here, did not adhere well enough after removing the bezel.

At the time I replaced the LCD, I had no pull tabs or suitable tape on hand and used ducttape to fasten the lcd to the chassis as a temporary solution. But it sat so well that I didnt bother fully dissasemling it again after i attained the pulltabs.

rinneh likes this.
  10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ah i see, I was thinking of using 2 pulltabs on the bottom and 2 on the top. I have 0.3mm double sided tape rated up for temperatures up to 60c to put back the bezel (used it on other laptops) it is the type of foam like double sided tape as used in smartphones but not the thin 0.1mm type that often gives trouble.

I thought of using 0.3mm foam tape between the LCD and chassis but afterwards it would be pretty much impossible to remove the screen without destroying the LCD layers itself.

Got a ****ty small spot of LCD bruising on the panel and my OCD acts up. Even though I cannot see it from the front and only on white backgrounds, it still irks the **** out of me.