Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. No0B

No0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @RobotDoctor, I can't recommend enough to assemble your own driver from here, and specifically I've been treated well by the 6.0.1.8627 driver from March of this year. The newest drivers introduced some flakiness again, but this version has been running perfectly for me.

You can download the whole Github repo at that point in time here, which will include more than you need, but it will contain all the tools you might need as well.

Then follow this guide to assemble your own driver installer. Take note of the folder structure that Universal Audio Driver Inf Editor wants in section A and move around the folders you downloaded from the repo accordingly. When you input the device identifier in the app and it selects the relevant parts and shows them to you in the right half of the window, you'll notice that the Blade is a device receiving Dolby modifications. You may uncheck the Dolby things in the list of selected parts to get the "generic" driver, otherwise you'll have the Dolby Atmos app installed, using which I could improve the sound quality of the built-in speakers quite significantly, but it's yet another service running in the background. So you may not want that.

This driver fixed my very quiet microphone problem and lets me avoid using Microsoft's generic driver, which made speakers and headphones pop all the time.

And by the way, you might want to disable Windows automatically getting updated drivers after you do all this, or else it might eventually download a new version from Windows update and you'll be back at square one.

2. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody managed to flash a new VBIOS on to this thing? Only possible with a SPI flasher?

3. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Have any of you purchased a replacement keycap for the razer laptops? If so, what vendor? One of my keys got a scratch on it somehow. :(

4. adamagingwit

adamagingwit Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, just joined the forums because I've read many pages on this thread. I have a Razer Blade 15 (gtx1070), and recently I reinstall Windows 10 on my Razer Blade. And now, my webcam and microphone not working, the hardware event not detected. I've already in my 3rd attempt in reinstalling Windows, update drivers and all that but still with no success. I'm still guessing that my webcam and microphone problem is a software / driver related issue, but I just can't figure it yet.
    Anyone have tips?

5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There’s YouTube guide how to replace Blade 15 keys I think it’s from vendor you can ask them there.
    Didn’t have the issue but after update to 1903 everytime I run gpu demanding tasks I get BOSD, no Nvidia, Intel Driver not Synapse issue maybe windows and some Blade software or I messed too much with bios moding, however revert to 1809 and back to happy user again.

6. adamagingwit

adamagingwit Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Joikansai, yeah I was installing the 1903 version. I'm downloading the 1809 version right now and will try it today.

It's really hard to get the Webcam driver files, I've been looking all night for it. I did managed to get the hardware id USB\Vid_1bcf&pid_2c9a , which was manufactured by SunPlus IT.
    Do you have Razer USB Recovery Drive in any chance? If so, can you share the drivers files in there?

Also, are you updated the BIOS to 1.08 ? I just remembered, I updated the BIOS to 1.08 just before my attempt to reinstall the windows, and the problems occurred.

Thanks in advance.

7. bernieyee

bernieyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No issues of any sort on two different Blade 15s (1070MQ) on 1903.

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m on 1.08, if you need original usb recovery you can contact support if the issue is related to that. I’ve only Razer Edge, Blade 14 2015 and 2017 original usb recovery, the real problem was the first one the rest I made it up, since I like the stick lol.
    Yes it’s also weird and I hate reinstalling windows on my Blade 15 and faced that BOSD, I play Control this last 2 days on 1809 it’s fine like always. But on 1903, only Unigine Heaven that can run, all games, 3Dmark goes to BOSD right after loading (gpu active). For now it’s fine since I just need 1903 for gears5, which I finished on other system gunmetal stealth.
    I’m too lazy now trying that again (tried twice).

9. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody had any success hex editing the BIOS file to put this menu back in? Can't quite get my head around it, it shows in AMIBCP & HxD but when set to "User" they still don't appear in BIOS.

upload_2019-9-30_22-30-18.png

In other news, 1903 has been all good on my Razer Blade 15 2018, BIOS 1.08, EC 1.03.

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    About the bios I think @No0B above did that, no successful.
    Good to hear that is only me LoL, however I finished gears5 main and playing horde and online on my other system, stealth. Funny thing is that on 1809 it works again like a champ. Thought Driver issue but tried tons nvidia and Intel one with no success on 1903, still bsod apparently once the gpu works, tried as well on bios mod pl removed and default Razer one somaybe mine is made to stuck with 1809 forever:D