Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The 2019 Blade Base also doesn't have handle to Overclocking options from main menu, looks exactly like this:
    It is visible in BIOS dump though, just no way to access it from main menu.

upload_2019-8-22_15-46-0.png

2. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Precisely. If you look into the two spoilers in my post on the previous page, you'll see that the overclocking menu does not appear in these forms as a selectable option. So it's not even hidden, it's removed from there. The menu itself was moved from its usual place in the Advanced category to the top level for an unknown reason. There are BIOS where the overclocking menu is a top-level item, but it's not in the AMI BIOS versions Razer uses. The 2019 RB15 has the overclocking menu in the Advanced category where it usually should be.

Hence my assumption that Razer have some control at compile time over whether they want to expose the menu and its functionality or not. And the solution that AMI goes for when a manufacturer decides to disable the overclocking menu before compiling the BIOS rom is to move it out to the top level and not put it into the possible selectable options, instead of removing it completely and pad the "hole" with zeros (since the BIOS rom needs to be a certain size).

3. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In this case the 2019 RB15 Base and Advanced models have different BIOS structure, you can see the Overclocking menu under Setup in my screenshot - that's 2019 Base.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m assuming because a lot of users doing that on previous version, Blade 14 2017, maybe they found some issues reported by users and made it like that. I remember right after that YouTube tutorial there’s user reported bricking his unit on Razer subreddit when I’m not wrong.
    Yes it’s similar with what I experienced. Mostly Blade 14 users use from overclocking menu undervolting, ASPM and C state to access, maybe due reported Issues they removed it on 2018 model. On 2019 maybe they forgot:D or there’s some changes on engineering team who handle that.

5. Komorebi

Komorebi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, question,

Have any of you oled owners had screen flickering?

On my m15r2 i noticed minute screen flickering when the acreen is full white.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here’s Blade 15 2018 thread There’s no Oled version in this gen you can ask @Hackintoshihope on other thread and think he use Oled Blade 15...wait m15 r2 is Alienware legend Design thin and light, maybe better ask Users on owner lounge there on in Alienware subreddit.

7. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    The OLED screen flicker occasionally it’s called pixel shifting. They do this to prevent screen burn in. It’s more noticeable on white heavily backlit screens! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joikansai likes this.
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  9. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    EDIT: Fixed it. I have uploaded my VBIOS backup from RB15 1070MaxQ to the BIOS collection. :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM
  10. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone had an issue when they plug in headphones into the speaker port and when removing the speakers the RB15 speakers no longer output sound? I've got the driver from Razer.com/support/...... . I've had to revert to a system restore point to get the speaker to function again. I am now in the habit of creating a restore point just prior to plugging in headphones. This was not an issue with the original system build but it is now after a fresh system build (with Win10Pro on new m.2 SSD). I'm searching for a solution as this issue is highly irregular. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM