Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    RB15 with the 10 series GPU's really have a problematic flex cable which seem to be folded quite sharply twice during the routing to the display. But the display cable+webcam cable are glued together and the whole cable harness directly has the webcam soldered onto it as well. The display lid is all glued down. So they could just have replaced the whole screen assembly instead of going for a refurb (i hate that companies give out refurbs).

A bigge rproblem is that thy havent made a revision of the first years models. THe cables on the RB15 2019's are all different and have no folded cables.

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn’t know you’ve also Blade 15, after 14 and Pro? You’re really Razer fans lol:D
    Yeah that’s crazy after what you experienced. I know Blade 15 webcam have issue even rtx one, Windows hallo is apparently not working well on some condition as well, I would buy some amazon webcam if you’re often using it. My only complaint is that the mike doesn’t take good sound from Blade once I recorded my guitar play with music background from it, only take well my voice and guitar, it’s amateur hobby project though.

3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I’ve sold all my other Razer’s, only RBP remains. Luckily my razer peripherals have been more reliable but my friends razer blackwidow keyboard and naga mouse just died

4. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just send it back in one more time. Make them replace it, then sell it after you confirm everything looks good. if you don't care about games any more, you shouldn't have any issue getting a fast enough laptop that also has a decent webcam for less than half what you can sell a RB15 for.

5. Muezick

Reputations:
    Just used my headphone jack for the first time today

It asked me what i had plugged in, swapped to audio out on the jack. Then when I unplugged it, audio went away completely until a restart haha.

Update:

Contacted Razer Support. It's probably Windows 10 1903. Went well. Problem solved. Hooray.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  6. STiHiaL

STiHiaL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did anybody succeed to overclock blade's RAM any further than 2666MHz?

7. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Went to bestbuy reproduced my Receipt and submitted it over then sent my laptop out for repairs or replacement yesterday. Hopefully they resolve my laptop as it's on it's final legs in terms of warranty period. I was so certain that Razer got it right with the Blade 15 and it was officially my first Razer Laptop and based on how things went for me it might be my last.

8. Muezick

Reputations:
    What happened?

edit: never mind, delete this ... I'm reading back now... xD

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Sucks that you have to deal with that. Hopefully the gen 2 Blade 15's with RTX GPU's last longer. Imo they shoul djust give you a newer revision. Just like Dell does when after a couple repairs they could not fix it.

10. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    First issue with my 2018 Blade base model. I am attempting to run some business software and when importing a file in the system cannot read or gain access to its registry file, or that's what I am interpreting. I have had no issues at all running anything else, including the offline robot programming graphics software. I had no issues whatsoever with the blade before I installed Duet software to connect my iPad as a second monitor. Now the system is sluggish, applications take several seconds to open up, and every once in a blue moon I am experiencing a blue screen. Prior to the installation of Duet apps opened up very, very quickly, everything performed fast, start up was fast, not a single blue screen. I ran the blade about 2 whole months before I loaded Duet. While this is not a Razer issue and is a Windows issue, I am not pleased. I could do a complete rebuild of my m.2 SATA drive or I could just get a m.2 NVMe drive. I have upgraded the m.2 from the 128gb to 2tb (both SATA). Of course I will write this off against my consulting business but geesh!!!

Sorry, had to vent a little while I contemplate what I am going to do next. Regardless there is going to be a hard drive Win