Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thats the base model , a nogo for me since to thick , .. im spoiled by the advanced and its thinnness :D .. and .. i wont buy a razer from ebay or any other site other than amazon since warranty is easier .. i mean :D they refunded the full 1999 i payed for my blade advanced back when i bought it .. and it was 2 months away from being out of warranty :D

2. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ohh right. Can't argue with that i guess. Well maybe a graduation gift to yourself or something hahah

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That’s base model not advanced.
    I live also in Germany thinking about selling my 1070maxq Advanced for Blade Oled or Pro 17, I think I can give you that price, all still like day one specs sticker etc and still have rest guarantee a year, original box as well and Razer stickers if you need:p. I’ll give you my contact if you need support lol. But I’m still thinking though, feel like I don’t need to upgrade I’ve razer Corev2 housing rtx2080 setting which I like.

4. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello comrades. Checking in with you the RTX blade owners, everyone good with their machine? Having issues? Even if all is well, please post your experience, as I constantly read the negatives of the internet and would like to hear the positives as well.

In my case, my 2070 model has been a dream so far. The QC on my machine is near perfect, small amount of light bleed, excellent thermals, overall a breath of fresh air after dealing with a ridiculously problematic 1070 model. If I could nitpick, I'd raise the gaming power limit throttling up from 35w, and fix the 2 second loss of track pad function after boot and wake.

Anyone else?

5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I havent tested it without TS yet. But my max powerusage is 45w in standard mode. But I manually selected max 45watt in TS. Not sure if it overrides everything.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you still have thermal headroom you can try this. After boot and wake loos trackpad probably because Synapse isn’t loaded yet.

7. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm pretty livid now.. As of yesterday my camera was cutting in and out like it would run for like a minute or 2 in skype then die. So I'd manually restart it (Via Software enable within SKype or Viber) and then now it's COMPLETELY DEAD... A restart won't fix it or anything. If you recall I complained about this a few months back got a new system and now it's back.

Just so frustrating.... I hope the new systems with the RTX don't have these issues as it appears that many blades do in fact suffer from this problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/9xzg7j/razer_blade_15_camera_issue/

8. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    still under warranty?

9. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Every Razer generation has some built in flaw that never gets addressed, and Razer refuses to fix it/address the underlying problem. This will be my first and last Razer machine

10. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it's still under warranty I think. I'm not even sure at this point what warranty i have. Let me clarify, I purchased a laptop in August of 2018 and that system had Camera issues around Christmas Time. Finally in late February of 2019 I decided to send it in for repairs, and I assumed the repair should be easy I mean it's just a Camera I want to get working, a laptop that has Camera issues should be easy to fix I though to myself, I mean the cell phones have cameras that are even better then my laptop and they always work fine...

Three weeks go by nothing happens, I inquire and they give in and send me a "refurbished" unit of the same specs to me. Fine whatever I'll take it I just want a working laptop so I can talk to my girlfriend as I'm in a Long Distance Relationship I don't really game anymore but I like gamer systems. Kind of like I enjoy Sport Cars but I don't track any of my cars I just commute to work.

Anyways, the Camera didn't work too well so I updated the bios it worked. Finally I thought my system was good, well my girlfriend came over and stayed with me for 2 months before she starts her new job. And well she left early this week so i need my laptop to work again for the SkypeViber etc... And Poof laptop camera no longer works, no longer is detected.

2 months short of August 2019.

This is crazy...