Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Retested on flat surface and looks like the temps are going back to normal. Maxing out at 75 degrees for Superimpose and 85 for Timespy. Need to see how it goes with playing Metro Exodus again

Hopefully hitting 100 degrees that one time didn't do any damage.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Other thing to note on gaming manual Fans would be better than auto, i set on 4800 but yes Metro Exodus is quite demanding title hit low 90ish in cpu on 2 hours gaming session maybe should increase the rpm like to max 5000 but louder fans noise as trade off.

huey85 likes this.
  3. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Cool thanks, I might give manual fans a go, maybe at 4500rpm to start off with to see if there's any improvement in temps.
    Speaking of raising the laptop and thermals, is anyone using a laptop cooler for gaming? If so, which coolers are y'all using?

Also, are there any other good GPU benchmark/stress tests that are good to run? I've done 3dmark timespy and firestrike, as well as all the free ones from unigine.

4. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wish there were more gaming benchmarks that you could run continuously without issue. My favorite one to run for general testing is Unigine Valley but it's so out dated and doesn't work the CPU hardly at all. Something that really works the GPU and CPU hard, like a never ending Assassin's Creed Benchmark would be great lol.

rinneh likes this.
  5. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    3DMark with its stress test feature comes to mind. Not infinitely continuous and doesn't give you a 3DMark score at the end, but it's something.

Also you're using Unigine Valley, but don't forget that there's also Unigine Superposition. With its heavy shaders on the 1080p Extreme preset it's a pretty good GPU workout.

If you really want to give the machine hell, run Prime95 and a GPU-focused stress test at the same time. Run FurMark if you're in for toasty GPU VRMs.

6. Muezick

Reputations:
    Prime95 + "GPU Intensive benchmark" has never sat well with me because it's not a typical use case. Like every game is different, but there are no games that use 100% of the CPU 100% of the time. Games with high CPU usage that come to mind are basically all the Assassin's Creed games, Anthem ... The rest don't use nearly as much CPU juice.

I should run superposition, i do own it. Have to find my key. Even as a newer benchmark, I can't remember it hammering the CPU too much either though.

7. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    well, as a reminder for all of you here :p be happy with your devices treat them well and never give them away :p after i refunded my blade 15 to amazon, and the same device wasnt available and still isnt, i couldnt afford the newer model wich is available .. (poor student) so i bought a triton 500 cause same thickness, metal body ( although not unibody but still sturdy ) screen a bit flimsy ..
    well .. that one ended up back at acer aswell .. turned off during gaming multiple times .. not even high cpu temps ( 77c and gpu at 69c ) -.- razer seriously is the only company making such thin and lights with good quality feel, and issues that arent game killing .. like some coilwhine ( wich btw the triton had way more ) now since i have already spend the 300 i had leftover from the triton purchase and the stuff i got back .. ( for a good wd black ssd for my pc and a new keyboard ) i only have 1699 left ... i ended up with a xps 15 2 in 1 with 8 gigs ram and vega m gl ( vega m gl so i can atleast play some games .. it seems to be around 1050ti ish but better than a 1050 ) transforming myself into a proper student with a pen supported device lul .. i hope that razer gives their next devices a fingerprint reader in addition to windows hello, and a touchscreen that is not bound to a 4k display that costs you 1k more .. -.-

8. Muezick

Reputations:
    Wow hard luck dude. Sorry to hear that. Yeah I love my RB15, gonna be super sad if anything ever happens to it.

Not sure if it's possible, but Microcenter has a pretty good deal on most 2018 RB15s ... i got mine super cheap, my local Microcenter also has an Advanced model for like 1700 bucks. Might be worth checking on if there is a microcenter within driving distance of you, even if its like, 4 hours, i'd still do it haha.

Oh yeah p.s. if you dont mind refurbished or used, ebay has great deals on 2018 RB15's too!

9. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    well that would be like several thousand kilometers LUL :D i live in germany .. there is no 1060 advanced model that is about 1699 ( thats what i have left cause i needed a new keyboard and ssd for my pc ) we had one for 1699 on amazon but i t had 3 weeks wait time .. i cant wait that long i need it for studying :D thats what you get when you study computerscience .. :D

10. Muezick

Reputations: