Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As always your mileage may vary but I just got almost 8 hours of battery life out of my Base Razer Blade 15 2018.

Screen was minimal brightness, KBBL was at like 20%, wifi was on, but i was only doing casual browsing (Table Top D&D, looking up stuff and referencing digital character sheet) and of course power saving mode was on and Throttle stop was running, i currently have a -0.125 on cache and core, and speedshift was set to 240.

And this isn't what windows was "guessing" in fact the entire night it kept guessing around 6 hours, then 4 hours, then 3 hours, then 2 etc etc ... but the session began at 5, and ended at 1am. had it on and awake for almost all of it. I'm running 1809, and bios version 1.01

Mind blowing.

2. Muezick

Reputations:
    I've heard amazon is the best place to buy these in Europe. One guy got a refund after a year because some part of his laptop broke.

That depends on what features you're looking for. Are you going to buy the base model or the advanced model?
    That largely depends on local stock ... if it is a refurbished system, i wouldn't buy it. That likely means it isn't being sold by amazon, but instead a third party, which means almost all the benefits of buying from amazon are essentially moot. Make sure it says "Shipped and sold by amazon" before check out ... if it does, then go for it, if it winds up being ****e, just return it, no problemo.

Rahego likes this.
  3. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    that guy was me :D it was the webcam :p contacted amazon, they gave me 3 options , wait 3-4 weeks until the same model is in stock again, get 15% refund and keep the device and do nothing, or get a full refund :p

Muezick likes this.
  4. Muezick

Reputations:
    Absolute Legend.

I really did read the whole thread! LOL

5. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thats why i tent to only buy on amazon :p sadly the new device i bought was from acer store directly, cause of way better pricing and its the only device in that range where i wouldnt have to add 500 ontop -.-

6. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Base with GTX 1060 and 8750hk. Looking for great battery life and decent CPU performance. im pretty much familiar with this model - from reviews point of view. Would be great to hear something from long term use perspective - something i wont read in review unfortunately :)

7. Muezick

Reputations:
    Well more than one of us have claimed 7-8 hours on the blade 15 ... that's with light use and various other battery saving things enabled, like throttle stop and min brightness on the screen et al (The average of 5-6 hours is pretty believable if battery conservation efforts aren't taken seriously) .... the CPU performs better than any other 8750H i've heard of. Part of that is Razer's wattage limiting, which in my experience doesn't seem to effect games too heavily, but they limit the power the CPU can draw, which would suck in CPU heavy tasks like video editing, but for games it keeps the temps low enough to prevent throttling, unlike alienware et al.

Long term perspective, well .... This thread is over a year old. Maybe some of the long time owners can chime in ;)

8. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What are you guys running for throttlestop UV? 8750H 2070MQ model specifically

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Every CPU is different, you cannot go on others peoples results. I

10. Muezick

Reputations:
    I've definitely seen trying to go more than -0.150 isn't possible. Having read most of the thread, what I've seen is most common is between -0.125 and -0.135 on core and cache. I myself am running -0.125 on core and cache and in like 90% of games, my CPU never gets over 85c with gaming mode on. Usually it's in the 70s tho. I ****in love my Razer Blade 15.

Like people have been linking it for almost the entire thread, but the youtube video "Address that HOT i7 8750h" is a pretty good place to start.

huey85 likes this.