Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It doesnt automatically the cable is more reliable or not. If they are made to whitstand higher temperature it would be fine. From what I saw maybe the reliaility of the cable is questionable ont he first batch of Razer Blade 15 2018 models because they heavily fold the cable instead of router it during fabrication. But on later models this is not the case. But you are right that the temperatures are probablt a bit lower for the routing method on the MSI and Triton. But dont forget that the location tehre still gets really hot.

2. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thats exactly what happened on mine btw, the camera ribbon on the first batch is folded pretty tight cause its to long and they wanted to make it shorter ... that is actually what might have broke on mine rendering the camera and light sensor and mic useless ... ( i posted a picture somewhere on the razer reddit .. ) luckily i got it refunded .. to bad the new 2060 blades are way more expensive and the 1060 isnt in stock new here -.-

3. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's a few in stock on best buy's website. Some are even clearanced.

Not sure what country you are in, but that might be a good place.

If you are near a microcenter there is a decent chance they have one too, i was browsing various microcenter store stocks the other day for razer blades to see if any of my near by friends might be able to help me score a better deal. I saw a base unit, can't remember where, maybe Georgia, 1060 60hz 128ssd/1tbhdd for like 1200 bucks. There's only like a dozen in the whole country, shouldn't take long to find it again if you narrow the search parameters to 15" gaming laptops branded razer and just change from store to store with the top of the page drop down menu.

Lastly, amazon has some in stock too, still full price tho!

4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What power supply Unit does the 2060 RTX system use? Is it the 200 like the 1060? OR something beefier?

5. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    im in germany, i only buy from amazon since they have the best support and amazon only has refurbished models .. also with all the problems the first gen had i dont want to get another first gen .. i had good luck with no lightbleed good temps no buzzing charger .. and then after 1 year the camera died cause they bend the camera cable like crap ... got a full refund, and ill now go with a triton 500 propably cause the 2060 blade is to expensive and i can get the triton 500 2060 i7 with a discount from 1900 down to 1600 ( cause student, razer still dosent allow @study email adresses .. but @stud and @EDU .. -.-)

Muezick likes this.
  6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Rtx 2060 base model the new one with 9th gen use 200 watt and the advanced early 2019 with 8th gen cpu rtx 2060 use 230 watt I believe.

7. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I love the size of the 180w charger that came with my base model.

its so cute and small compared to the gigantic 180w chargers other manufacturers sell.

8. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's a major bummer guess I'm going to stick with my 1060 then.

9. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey guys, has anyone run into the BSoD - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)? I did some reading and it seems to be a common issue with Nvidia drivers on Windows 10.

I've encountered this twice over the last two days. I'm running the latest geforce drivers (430.64).
    what's odd is that both times this has happened, all I've been doing is browsing Chrome/watching videos with VLC and using Microsoft Word / OneNote. I don't think any of these would have caused the dedicated graphics to kick in. Everything should have been running on the integrated graphics.

10. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looking to get RB 15 1060/8th gen.

I guess my best bet to get one of these in Europe union is amazon.

From time perspective, is there anything particular that I should be aware of?

I also saw that amazon offers new units, when here it is said that they sell only refurbished ones. Its a bit confusing. Paying 1500 euro for refurbished system is total madness :/