Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I sent mine in and got a refurbished system back when my webcam broke and it is working now after the updated bios but I will more then likely sell my laptop down the road because well I'm just weary right now and having a "Refursbished System" as a replacement system doesn't sit well with me.

I just want to play with the 17 inch Razer and then decide between the newer 15's or the 17 and then pull the trigger. But in general I feel your pain about not having the webcam work, it's kinda ridiculous and spewed in prior posting about how I felt about that a few pages back. I also think that it's kinda ridiculous that it took Razer 3 weeks to get me my system back, but that's for another time.

2. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i would only accept a refurbished system if its exactly same condition as mine ,, mine has no scratches no dinks nothing, skin since day 1 and no backlight bleed, no coilwhine, no crappy flickering boe panel :/ but i would, incase they offer ( they wont .. its razer .. i mean .. you know ) take a mercury white one in same config when its refurbished ..

3. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea I thought about the Mercury White but I kinda like my glowing Razer Symbol in the back, I don't know if I would want to lose that.

4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok so the next problem I'm having although minor is that my new refurbished system doesn't seem to be capable of switching back to 60 hertz from 144 hertz.. It doesn't matter what I do if I try to change it via Windows Display setting/options or via the Razer Control Panel on Synapse it won't switch.

I suppose always having 144 isn't a real problem but sometimes 60 for the improved battery life might be useful.

5. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    well, i contacted amazon , and razer, razer wants me to send it in for repair :p amazon straight up said , you can have it replaced or we can completly refund the device :p i obviusly choose last option :p and im gonna go with a gs65 stealth 1660ti i9 model, they have 3 m.2 slots , i9 1660 obviously, 144hz and a new casing that is mor rigid than the last gen 65 plus 2 more heatpipes to cool everyhting

6. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    fulll refund after 1 year of use :p

ups didnt want to quote myself :D LEL

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it BOE Panel? If yes, try this update.
    https://dl.razer.com/drivers/BladeC1/RazerUpdater_v1.1.1.0_C1-BOE144_add_60Hz-v2.exe
    Good luck with your new gears, isn’t it i7 9th gen, 9750H, I don’t know their new 1660ti one has i9 option, it’ll melt that cassis lol. Yes I heard rtx model seems more sturdy but compared to Blade cassis it’s still a flex laptop.

8. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    correct i7 9750 my bad :p but I'm gonna go to a local store just to make sure take a look at it and at the other 2 I had in mind to be safe , but atm it's my favorite .. don't wanna go with the gtx blade model again cause of to high risk to get a flawed unit .. but in case the gs56 totally doesn't feel right when I check it in store, I might actually go back to razer

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you typing from Blade? Again typo lol gs65 not 56;). Yeah there’s no perfect laptop I can point also Blade weakness. My early batch Blade 15 keep my hand from RTX laptops, well yet:D
    GS65 good thing is that you’ve more access for tweaking compared to Blade, but they use sometimes bad setting like single Chanel ram and slower ssd when I’m not wrong just check those two, keep also in mind it’s flip motherboard so you can take your time if you want access cpu and gpu for repasting, I think ssd is also on other side.

10. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    nah i was typing from my phone :D ... my dictionary dosent like english language and tries to correct everything a soon as its different than german :D

and yea i know about the flipped mainboard .. but that dosent worry me .. the ram thoguh website says its now using dualchannel :p https://de.msi.com/Laptop/GS65-Stealth-9SX-GTX/Specification but anyways ill look at my local store and see what they can tell me about it and how it feels, my other choice was the zephyrus with 1060 or 1070 ( well .. obviously older hardware and cause its not turing prone to be hotter) or the legion y740 looks awesome .. rtx graphics .. but .. 57wh meh ..