Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. CraftyClown

CraftyClown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey all, has anyone found a good cooling pad solution yet? I want something I can use comfortably on my lap when I work from home.

I have a Notepal I300 which is the perfect size and sits comfortably on my lap. It also brings the idle temps down a couple of degrees to about 39 degrees, however under load the thermals are actually higher as the cold air being blown upwards works against the hot air coming out of the exhaust :(

Is there anything out there that works well with the blade?

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Blade bottom fans are intake, maybe you should rising the bottom areas in order not to prevent hot air coming out. I never use cooling pad for Blade only by rising bottom area on gaming and playing between balanced and gaming mode, use gaming mode only if it doesn’t spike to high or mid 90. The FPS differences like for example SoTR or AC Oddysey that make cpu really hot is only 4 or 5 on ultra setting, still smooth, SoTR on 60~ and AC Odyssey 45~ but with 80ish cpu temperature on manual 4800rpm.

3. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    Not all of the bottom ones are. It's just the rear ones below the screen that act as exhaust. If I can find a solution that doesn't blow air towards them then problem solved.

I don't game very much on my Blade, I use it for video production, so it gets very hot and I need a cooling pad as I want to be able to work on my lap from home sometimes.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it’s the rear one is exhaust but at bottom lid grill both are intake, if it’s not it won’t dust after 10 months usage (posted photo on previous page somewhere). It blows also air through the keyboard i think it is designed so since rear one isn’t enough for output on max load. I don’t use it for editing or gaming on my lap only media consumption, paperwork that doesn’t need the dgpu, but if you’re using dgpu yes cooling pad that doesn’t disturb intake on below areas is needed.

5. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    iDATUS here again, just created another TECH GUIDE upload.
    Its taken 3 weeks of about 5-6 hours a day to produce and it uses all the informational uploads I have posted on the NVIDIA GPU's.

TWO SCENARIOS
    1) Overclock and Underclock the GPU Core Frequency to see the effect on FPS.
    2) 4k Ultra max graphic settings, how to cool things down so it doesn't throttle.

Enjoy the video and please look around my channel as there are plenty other uploads just on the Razer Blade 15.

6. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not quite accurate. The fans are radial fans. They are constructed in a way that allows them to pull air from the top and the bottom if they can, and exhaust it to all sides. This stands in contrast to axial fans that pull air linearly through themselves.

The fans in the Blade 15 pull air through the holes in the bottom of the chassis, as well as through the keyboard and exhaust the air through the two little blocks of copper fins and out the back of the chassis, partly towards the screen and partly to the bottom. :) That's why the feet are so wide, they block some of the exhausted air from getting recirculated back into the fans.

CraftyClown likes this.
  7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That’s true about radial fans but because the high amount of air that been taken on high rpm it outputs not only to the rear exhaust area but also through keyboard (other brands has side vent so in such there’s a lot exhaust area but not on Blade). I noticed this from Blade 14 already and with Blade 15 it’s more. I use universal keyboard cover or keyboard cover that comes with it and on max load like on gaming session it’s throwing air from keyboard.

8. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    Yes I thought this was the case, the long foot acts as a barrier for the exhaust. I'm thinking of adding something to my cooler the length of the blade, but slightly higher than the foot, which the back of the blade can sit on and slightly elevate it at the same time as maintaining an exhaust barrier.

9. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations: