Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i see .. they are for the base and not the advanced model .. advanced model still has drivers from 2018...

2. No0B

No0B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Because these drivers are pretty generic you can totes install these on an advanced model and likely also on an RTX Blade. Just don't install a LAN driver on a laptop without a LAN port (and corresponding controller).

3. CraftyClown

CraftyClown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Evening folks. I've recently purchased a second hand UHD 2018 Blade with 1070. It seems pretty solid, apart from a little bit of light bleed in the top left corner.

One thing that's driving me nuts though is every time I boot the machine the synapse window pops up as if it's never been run before, asking me to try the new features and for the life of me, I cannot get it to stop!

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: lol. Just had to google the shortcut for a question mark

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They just did Synapse update just run it if you don’t want it popping out after booting. I ignored it anyway and close it right away not only synapse, but intel windows etc. I don’t update as long there’s no problem. And I put always on sleep to avoid seeing such update windows. Btw Windows Update you can set it to not popping up, Synapse not, you should uninstall it if don’t want see it popping up but loosing some control features as trade off.

5. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    I feel there is something wrong as it is popping up every time I start the machine, whether I go through the options or not. Every time the new features tutorial is sitting there . Very annoying!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  6. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    Is it recommended to do a completely clean install rather than a reset?

Also curious if anyone else has a second hand unit and has managed to make use of the warranty. Am I correct in thinking its not transferable?

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Only SSD upgrade i did clean install with my past and current Blade, on new unit reset is enough unless you’re thinking Synapse is bloatware like you mentioned before there’s no other bloatware comes with.

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem with the Synapse software comes from their last update ... on some machines the software window will open after every new start ... the support wrote me, that it will fixed with the next update. Nevertheless on my machines it helped to reset the settings within the synapse software ...

If the software works correct you can also set a mark that the razer logo will not popup after starting the notebook. On my both machines the software starts "quiet", only the taskbar icon is visible.

9. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can the keyboard lighting be controlled without Synapse software? I have a base unit so I cannot set my keys up individually, just across the keyboard. Other than controlling the keyboard lighting I have no real use for Synapse.

10. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On another note, battery life using the 1060 MaxQ graphics card (for offline robotics programming software) really is not that great. I only get about 1.5 - 2 hours of battery. Performance of the RB15 base model has been exceptional, battery life not so much. Good thing I almost always have an outlet available.

I have not tried to plug in on a flight as of yet so I am not sure the current draw from the power brick is too much for the plane outlet. Any insight would be helpful. Of course I can try on my next flight in a few days.