Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes waiting for someone who can crack that, bios moding can solve also power limit throttle 100%, maybe they’re keeping that for avoiding user hitting 100 on gaming mode. Btw it’s not all titles hitting 90 on my case, some are fine with only undervolting, uploaded those titles screenshot before, but still SoTR, AC Oddysey can easily hit high 90 on gaming mode.
    I like also this machine and don’t see the need for upgrading to 2019, unless they put new cpu and screen.

el3c likes this.
  2. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    same here... the rtx 2070 isnt a bid deal / benefit compared to a 1070

but i also hope that new cpu´s come out this year.

Joikansai likes this.
  3. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For you guys wanting to track the voltage and core frequency down to 625mV I just posted a video on how to do this with GPU-Z logging.

Joikansai likes this.
  4. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I finally solved my long-standing problem of having to use the Microsoft audio driver because the microphone is unusably quiet with the Realtek driver Razer supplies. And without the Realtek driver I had a pretty loud pop on speakers and headphones every time the driver would wake up from sleep to play sound (which would happen after only a few seconds of silence).

Reinstalled Windows on my desktop PC the other day and wanted to use a more recent audio driver, since Realtek actually updates their driver much more often than vendors will propagate these updates to users. And after a little research I found someone who takes the updates from Realtek's FTP and provides a relatively easy to use guide and app to create your own driver (or rather, your own installer) using the recent generic Realtek driver and your vendor-specific additions.

https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver/wiki

For the Blade 15 you can use the Dolby vendor files, but you don't have to if you aren't interested in Dolby Atmos. Should you also want to use this, just follow the instructions and remember to completely uninstall the Razer-provided driver before you install this. Realtek switched to the newer Universal Driver API, so the driver will not replace the old driver. It will also automatically trigger the installaton of the Realtek Audio Console (and optionally the Dolby Atmos app) from the Windows Store (where they are hidden). The guide also links to the Audio Console app for manual install if you removed Windows Store functionality or the install failed for some reason. Using the most recent driver revision my microphone functions just like it should and on the off-chance Realtek could have potentially increased audio quality a tiny bit, there's that. The UAD is also smaller than the old HDA counterpart.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. etacarinae

etacarinae Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, how does everyone feel about having both rows of the function keys and all the shift key modifier character keys being fully lit in the 2019 models? It's incredibly frustrating to use this keyboard in the dark.

My mother got the 2019 edition and from what I've ascertained is that the 2018 second row of each keycap are not shine-through, only the top row is. It may be possible to simply source the 2019 function row keys and the shift key modified second-row character keycaps, those being: <, >, /, ;, ', [, ], \. This site sells the 2018 key caps but not yet the 2019 keys. Perhaps if they're released we can simply swap them. Though I have a feeling the 2019 keys have an extra LED.

[​IMG]

el3c likes this.
  6. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think it's a nice change from the previous version and they way it should have been implemented from the start, actually. I believe now you can also highlight the corresponding keys by hitting Fn, which I had seen on some MSI models but not Razer. Good to know maybe they are listening to their customers in that regard.

7. gearex85

gearex85 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just color coded them like this. After a bit of time getting used to it's completely non-issue.

And for every other keys I don't really need illumination to tell what's where, so.

20190307_090027698_iOS.jpg

Arondel likes this.
  8. etacarinae

etacarinae Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Speaking for yourself, I assume. I'll take swapping the keycaps over creating colour-coded illumination profiles.

Arondel likes this.
  9. gearex85

gearex85 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As with everything, incremental upgrades just like all the other companies out there.

Give it enough time and I bet some places will start selling the 2019 keycaps, I'm sure. I'm willing to bet that's going to be more or less meaningless due to LED placement though.

10. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    not exactly sure about it, but i think i remember seeing a video of someone removing the 2015 keycaps and the keys are non transparent underneath, means the led is only on the topsection, wich means other keycaps wont do anything, i would except them to have redesigned it with transparent parts and a moved led for the new model . ( we would have to wait for someone to remove a keycap of their 2019 model ) EDIT: found the video timestamp directly to the removed key. no way of lighting the secondary keys with the butterfly mechanism in place