Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i ve got the same one as yours, 8750h and a 1070mq. I ve read about your success and it would be great if you share your bios ;)

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think there’s nothing special on my vbios or my bios. I gave vbios maxq1070 to gs65 user because they have lower gpu tdp and wanted to flash it to increase the performance. I think they did the update and optimization on our model well. I get recently less power limit throttle and cpu temperature is getting better. I attached the xtu benchmarks and cinebench before I got rarely pass 1200, but now it’s easy and xtu benchmarks as well before was always 1400 ish. If you still want my vbios or original bios shoot me on PM I’ll send anything you want. I’m not reaching bios moding nor repasting yet like i did Bios moding on Blade 14 since the performance is still satisfying me.

Attached Files:

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did anyone notice lower temperature on their Blade 15 but performance still not bad, this’s all on gaming mode, before it jumped always 45 watt or more but recently it’s mostly on 25 watt with sometimes jumping to 30ish. All games are set to high 1080p despite Anthem 1440p. I’ll see on other games like AC Oddysey and SoTR (finished it so never play it again) that pushed the cpu to high 80ish even sometimes breaks 90ish on balanced mode. I noticed also some cpu performance increase as i posted before this, before I think I never get close to 1500 xtu benchmark score nor 1200cb cinebench multicore. Didn’t do repasting trallalala, all still tight on his pants :D only xtu super simple undervolting.

Attached Files:

4. happyingaloshes

happyingaloshes Newbie

Reputations:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  5. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I want to put struggle with razed on here. I purchased the new blade 15 256 1070 when it first came out. It was great and I loved it. 5 months later the bezel around the screen is peeling up from the screen. Sent it off and got it back. The screen was replaced and there were black line inside the screen. Sent it back again and got it back with aother new screen or issues. Then I developed a mouse micro jitter all the time the week I got it back. Sent in after trouble shooting it. Replaced the mouse pad and it worked great. I noticed the bottom cover on one corner would not stay shut. Took the bottom off and the corner screw mount was broken into multiple pieces and the screen mounting hardware was also broke. Sent it back in again

Here’s where the fun begins. Contacted support for a new laptop or refund. They said they would sent a new one. Two weeks later I got an email saying I’m getting an upgrade because they are out of my model. I’m getting a blade pro 1080 512. Not what I wanted but I’ll take it. They also sent me a backpack. Cool. Once I got it they wanted it back because it was an error that I got it, even though they said it was an upgrade. A lot of email back and forth and they let me keep it. Two to three weeks later the screen starts to show white horizontal line randomly across the screen. Trouble shooter it and sent it back and now they are sending me the original blade 15 model that I ordered. This has been a nightmare. I’m selling the new laptop that I will be getting back and buying something else. I have pics and videos if anyone is interested in seeing them.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can upload the photos here it’s free. Feel sorry for you though but yes I’m interested to see.

7. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Yet another disappointed razer blade owner, join the club....when mine gets “fixed” I’m selling it off immediately if possible and either getting the Area 51M or building a desktop

Papusan likes this.
  8. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    20180928_171843~01.jpg 20181216_212842.jpg 20181216_212834.jpg 20181218_134658.jpg 20181218_134704.jpg Here’s a link to the blade pro https://www.dropbox.com/s/moo1e6oj00wxh1r/VID_20190204_165909.mp4?dl=0

Here’s a link to the mouse jitter https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xamdwplrulvjgi/20181016_082433.mp4?dl=0

I like the build quality and feel but I cannot work with the quality issues. My blade 15 last went bad and the whole email issue happened at a very critical time where I was prepping video evidence for a court case. I need reliability.

Hopefully this helps if you were looking for it.

Joikansai likes this.
  9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Me too, can’t accept that. If you need a help you can PM me, I know well someone from their main office and some senior moderators on Razer forum.

el3c likes this.
  10. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for offering that! If there’s any more issues with this new one I’ll be sure to get a hold of you. I really want this to work.

Joikansai likes this.