Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Kyle Shirley

Kyle Shirley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok so I've had my 2080 blade for about 24 hours now and its great except for a couple things. First, the whine noise it makes that I posted about above. Still not sure what it is but my 1070 blade didn't make that noise. Second is the touch pad, it has like a delay from when i move my finger to when the cursor actually moves. My 1070 blade touch pad is very precise and I'm pretty sure its the same one on the 2080 but for some reason there's a slight delay. I don't know if its something with software that can be fixed easily or if its something hardware related. If anybody has any ideas of how I can fix this I would really appreciate it.

2. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sadly coil-whine noise and lightbleed are really random from one unit to another but it doesn't affect the hardware integrity of the laptop.

Regarding the touch pad,, it's supposed to be a microsoft precision touchpad, I read somewhere that since the windows 10 creator update some touch pad had delay problems, maybe google this and you might find a workaround, I really doubt it's related to the hardware.

Kyle Shirley likes this.
  3. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Benchmarks are great guys but can some of you who have the 2080 max q variant please post temps, base gpu clock speeds and boost speeds.

4. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. jasonj566

jasonj566 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do you know when there are updates available, it doesn't show under razer downloads under support for latest bios

6. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    We have a 1.06 link a number of pages back that @HAMSTERS received from support. I simply tried it knowing from posts on Reddit and the Razer Insider forum that there are machines with BIOS 1.07 out there.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1.07 and 1.06 are bios may come on new unit, I think around last year and unit that come from repair. Not officially one. If you don’t have issues and don’t know what is new improvement on it it’ll be better stay on 1.05, I don’t notice issues on this, battery life great, charging fine, performance okay, gaming thermal tolerated:D.
    I’m only jealous of new look of rtx Blade Synapse, There’re new creator mode and higher fans rpm. 5F527C9C-E339-421A-A307-10BBE2812D39.jpeg

8. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here's another upload from my Razer Blade 15 4K 1070
    MSI Afterburner Voltage Curve. Enjoy.

Joikansai likes this.
  9. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can we get a Razer Blade RTX Owners Lounge Please???

10. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, I believe that BIOS 1.06 helped to lower the CPU power consumption when using battery. However, the 1.06 has one major issue to me. It causes camera image to be tearing and stuttering when using internal webcam. I always using it for skype, so I am upset.

1.07 fixed this issue for me.