Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am indeed enjoying uploading videos for the 4K model, I think I was one of the very first to have one and no issues what so ever. Surprised to hear anyone having issues with coil whine etc after I bought mine.
    Anyways for those interested here is my latest upload for my RB15 on NVidia GPU Boost 3.0

At last count I have 19 Razer Blade 15 uploads!

Joikansai likes this.
  2. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My fan was making the same noise. I sent it in, got it back 2 weeks later and the other fan makes the same noise but louder than before. They replaced both fans, but one new one is defective too. Getting tired of this crap, may go Acer Triton 500 through Amazon when available.

3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Typical (non-existent) razer quality control

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn’t even notice that short video, I saw rattle or weird sounds from fans on other brands in subreddit and YouTube, this one of them video 1, video 2.
    So you say that brand on videos above “typical (brands name) quality control”:D.
    Yeah on thin light categories there’s more QC issues possible and especially when users doing tweaking this and there for better this and that, I think most poeple that mentioned how reliable Blade on this thread is users who didn’t do hardware tweaks like repasting, mine is still default paste as well, only ssd upgrade and dusting.

RobotDoctor likes this.
  5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Let's face it, Razer has been competing with Apple in terms of build quality and style, there is no secret about that. However, they clearly lack the QC and service that Apple provides, and also Dell, who I can objectively say has been much, much better about dealing with problems and improving their computers based on user input vs Razer, and always steps up above and beyond in terms of service/replacement. If Razer wants to charge a premium price, that is fine, but they need to also offer premium QC and premium CS.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes that’s true and I can confirm on Blade 15 and stealth 2019 are mix also to xps than before to 100% Apple in term design and style. In US maybe Dell is better on service but not here in EU, you can get local store service and extended guarantee with Razer laptops now in Germany now, idk exactly about Dell but I have hard time getting their Alienware before and now even 51m last time I checked isn’t available on store page unlike in US, and support (chat) can’t answer that. Now with Razer care essentials program for Razer laptop and phone they seem try to improve that. I’m quite often seeing Razer forum and I saw not few users that became Dell hater after experienced their cs. For Apple mostly complain and reason move to Razer are price and performance, including me.
    In EU due law we’re mostly getting 2 years warranty from Razer store and Amazon and with Blade laptops are starting show on physical store windows display now we can get extra up to 4 years hardware protection on that. As you know till now my Razer Systems are fine, stealth 2016 2 years and Blade 15 almost 8 months gaming usage no repasting only software tweaks. I did reject though late 14 2016 due possibility issues on 2 weeks owning it, and it seemly that model has high failure rate, unlike my old Blade 2015 that still works fine. On 2015 model, i didn’t do anything crazy only undervolting it was also after knowing undervolting, over a year gaming on maybe high temperature;), idk about new owner setting though but he said it’s fine, I’ll definitely know issue because he can’t send it for RMA without my Razer ID.
    Edit: Only for you to ground my statement above, take a look my previous system late 2016 there but only 2 weeks I rejected it and got upgrade from EU CS to 2017.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  7. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure everyone having issues performed DIY hardware tweeks (other than SSD and RAM) on their systems, repasted or performed undervolting, etc. Other than changing the m.2 SSD, 1TB HDD and memory I have not done a thing to my RB15. It has performed perfectly and I am not having any kind of fan issue, whatsoever.

From the sounds of it I am pleased I have not had to go through Razer CS.

8. Assault

Reputations:
    Not everyone's had issues, and typically the ones that dont never end up on forums asking questions either.

So far I've done repastes, thermal pads, and have no throttling...
    Have fixed the broken plastic screw mount...
    Glued part of the speaker grill..
    Had fans replaced under warranty once, needs another right off the bat, 2 weeks wasted...
    And that's all so far.

These are nice computers, but I wish there was a faster, easier way to have them fixed/maintained that puts less stress and headache on the consumer. Dell can send techs to your home if you pay for that warranty, and I'd gladly pay it for razer if they would do it.

9. Assault

Reputations:
    Going to test the waters selling my blade. The warranty is transferable so rest assured you'll have the Upsie extended warranty to match. 2x new fans are in the mail for good measure, I can send them directly to anyone who buys the laptop once they get delivered to me. For anyone on the forum I can take PayPal (goods and services) and take $1900 +shipping. Pass it along if you don't mind. Can make an eBay listing for it suits your fancy.

https://houston.craigslist.org/sys/d/spring-2018-razer-bladeyr-warranty/6799806558.html

10. Assault

Reputations:
    ^^^
    *US only plz*