Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They didn't remove my heatsink, at least to my knowledge. My complaint and instructions were that my fans off balance, replace them. I didn't receive any flak so should be A-OK.

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    About Zephyrus parts, i think i saw online Parts seles here on Asus EU you can google that if it’s also in US? I suppose.

3. Erase

Erase Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Before I had Windows Hello I hadn't missed it as well, but now it's a bummer.
    Do you really feel the 970 evo? I have the "standard" 512GB and it is pretty fast.

4. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Usually top ssd configuration comes with better model, I think it’s pm981 on 512 and 256gb model is pm961, since all nvme and same from Samsung you won’t really see the difference on real usage, maybe on benchmarking or slightly faster rendering videos.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. evilras

evilras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got the 1tb 970 evo to replace the 256gb SSD. it feels as fast if not a touch faster than the standard drive. So to be fair you should probably only change if you're looking for more space!

6. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I ended up swapping out with a 1tb sata Samsung drive. I'm totally satisfied with sata SSD speeds lol

7. Goracij

Goracij Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know anything about bios 1.07 change notes?

8. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Maybe fix some pch connection this may increase egpu performance, can’t confirm yet waiting the result. Seemly it came only from them like new units or one that comes from repair, not from website even 1.06.

9. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm on my third blade 15 4k. I have it as a backup after my ****ty experience with the power adapter that I detailed on here and reddit. I'm returning this and going with Alienware or anything else. Their QC is absolutely ridiculous. I think one of my fans are messed up? video below They gave me a 14-21 day estimate for when I'd get it back after repairs if I sent it in. Thank god I'm still in my Amazon return period

10. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Yes amazon has great return policy, I could even exchange with other products after 6 months, it was a monitor though. My Blade anyway still rocking solid 7 months, the one that dead is rtx cards already 2 on my Blade 15, thanks I’ve 1070 that always there if I need it. And I think @Datus enjoying making YouTube tutorials video with his 4K Model:D